Type keyword(s) to search

S04.E13: A Penny With a Hole In It

• Start Topic

(edited)

The women from Bulky Beauty have no idea of what they are doing but they are right that it is not their fault that the other company didn't compensate their workers. That plot is unnecessary and ridiculous. They move in circles and get nowhere

The unhoused story from the point of view of the decision makers could be interesting but I am afraid Malika will get involved with the slumlord son and go back to the poly nonsense. Encampments and how the authorities destroy all that the unhoused have, basiclly their home - the place they live - is a very real one. But I also fret that the writers will bring up the subject, touch the very tip of it and forget it all to fall into the soap opera type stories. 

Still not interested at all about the sister and cults. 

I am realizing that the writers wrote for Maia only, with the rest of the stories just filling in. Once she left, they got lost and don't know what to do. I have a very different view of the one they have of themselves, I always thought Maia was the weakest link, her stories the worst and there was too much "sexual appeal" and no sensuality. Cierra is a much better actor, if they give her interesting things to do. But they can't, the show is doomed

Editing to add: Isabella's over the top reaction to Gael being irritated is a master class on how to act really, really bad. That was terrible and the director should have told the actor to tone it down many notches. 

Edited by circumvent
  • Love 1

Its weird, we probably spend more time on Bulk Beauty than we do on any other subplot, but nothing seems to really happy. The girls bicker, they have issues based on their own incompetence, Evan or someone bails them out, they never seem to make any real progress. 

Malika trying to build housing for unhoused people is a good story for her, but now it looks like its going to get lost in the shuffle of soap opera relationship drama as she gets involved with the rich guys son. The actor looks so familiar, I spent all of his time onscreen trying to figure out where I know him from. 

Why are we spending so much time on this guy we hardly know looking for his sister we don't know at all on the spawn ranch?

On 7/31/2022 at 5:23 AM, circumvent said:

The women from Bulky Beauty have no idea of what they are doing but they are right that it is not their fault that the other company didn't compensate their workers. That plot is unnecessary and ridiculous. They move in circles and get nowhere

Seriously! They could have copied the idea without buying out the other company but they did that to try and do the right thing. Obviously the other code boss didn't pay them well, she was a thief herself.

I'm not sure why they didn't point out to the influencer that the other company had stolen their idea first AND actually repurposed their code, which is way worse than just copying an idea.

• Love 2