Type keyword(s) to search

S04.E12: Pick a Side, Pick a Fight

• Start Topic

The FCG's vote on who will lead their team. Davia settles into an academic rhythm with Elliot. Malika tries to get her boss on board with her Women's Center and argues with Angelica. Dennis struggles with exposing Ryan to The Coterie.

I don't know why the writers insist on the Bulk Beauty story. Is one of those women married to a producer or big boss? Maybe a family member? That's the only explanation I can find: Nepotism

I like Malika when she goes all social justice warrior, even if the writers' approach is too bourgeois for my taste. The poly stories are boring and completely wrong. Fighting for the right of unhoused people to have a home in the streets because they have no other choice should be front and center.

I like Luca and his story but DNA tests are expensive. I am not sure how Davia would have an extra $100.00, minimum, to lend to Luca. Another peeve I have with this show. People who have very little money all of a sudden can cover what could be considered a luxury.

Davia's story is not going to end well. The kid is too fixated on her and will crash badly once she starts saying "no" to his invitations to be in the house all the time. Besides, this story has been used and reused too many times in dram movies. I liked her approach to teaching him though. I wish they had showed more of how the schedule was developed and how she approached him with the idea.

• Love 1

The Bulk Beauty stuff is ridiculous. And having a "lead delegator" is a dumb way to run things. Why not just each take responsibility for one aspect of the business. Marianna could lead client relations, someone else could do marketing/advertising, someone else could deal with coding stuff, someone else could do financials, etc.  And maybe they could hire Gael to do graphics now that he's out of a job. 

Also, what happened to those two other women from the competitor that Evan bought? Did they not come with the deal? Did they lose their jobs or are they doing something else for the person who stole the idea?

It looks like Davia is going to have a romance with her new boss and that is a very bad idea. He looks super familiar though.

Malika. Bringing your boss's ex as a date to a work party is also a very bad idea. And if you are going to be poly you can't be mad that one of the people you are dating is seeing other people. If you changed your mind and want to be exclusive, tell the woman.

Is Luca going to end up related to someone we know?

• Love 3
7 hours ago, KaveDweller said:

Why not just each take responsibility for one aspect of the business. Marianna could lead client relations, someone else could do marketing/advertising, someone else could deal with coding stuff, someone else could do financials, etc. 

Besides, there are four people who sit around a round table, together, they could just communicate as they do things. If they can't even do that, what is the point of leaving the house and rent space? Just talk to each other.

I wish we could have seen more fall out with Gael's job, a major issue I have always had with this show is their tendency to keep everyone in subplots that they alternate from week to week, so we build momentum in one story only to forget it for a week so we can check in with other characters. So I am baffled that the show gives us Bulk Beauty every single damn episode, as the ladies show their incompetence at even minor things more and more. These idiots are supposed to represent strong women thriving in tech? 

Davia is doing a good job with the kid, but her possibly getting romantically involved with the dad is an awful idea. The kid is already getting way too attached to her as a replacement mom, her dating his dad will just make it even worse. Also she really has no right to be mad at Denis for dating someone else, its not they're together. 

Malika is so much better when she's dealing with social justice instead of her endless poly drama. I am not an expert on being poly, but I feel like everyone on this show is really bad at it. Lets focus on the fight to help unhoused people, not some weird love square. 

Luca is obviously going to be related to someone we know, its inevitable. Any who watched The Fosters would know that Mariana was really giving him the cliff notes about her experiences with her adopted and bio family.

• Love 2
On 7/23/2022 at 10:41 AM, circumvent said:

I like Luca and his story but DNA tests are expensive. I am not sure how Davia would have an extra $100.00, minimum, to lend to Luca. Another peeve I have with this show. People who have very little money all of a sudden can cover what could be considered a luxury.

Davia is a single abled bodied adult with a full time job. (I bet being a homeschool teacher pays more than her Teach for America position did). Her living expenses are lower than usual because she lives at the coterie. For Davia, $100 isn’t a lot of money. I mean she would probably rather spend that money on herself, but I could see it not being a hardship for her. For Lucia, yes that amount absolutely would be a hardship. 

Although if Luca was in foster care- they would’ve issued him an SS# and a birth certificate. Whatever local authority handled his placement would’ve done that for him once he entered the system (if there’s no documentation a child, the foster parents etc can’t be paid, the child has to be counted). 

• Like 1