Type keyword(s) to search

S01.E06: Chapter 6

• Start Topic

I've been binging this on a lazy Saturday and I'm not hating it.  I was a little concerned at first because I really don't want to see (or think about) Doogie Houser's um, Doogie, but now I'm realizing that it's Barney Stinson living his authentic life in NYC, right down to the code concerning farting in front of significant others.

I fully admit I don't know enough to know if this is insulting to gay men as someone mentioned on an earlier episode, but I do have to wonder about the guy who was afraid of being invisible in episode one, now running into what seems to be an endless stream of apparently fireman's calendar-quality, cis white gay men that seem to be interested in him.  A couple episodes to go; I guess we'll see.

Oh and that ("Jerry") was NPH's real life husband, right?

• Like 1

I don't like it when people don't respect personal boundaries, so I was mostly on Michael's side in regards to his one-week boyfriend. When it comes to Claire, I understand him not wanting to live in the same building, but I can't help thinking that he caused this for himself. He was ready to be her new BFF when he wanted the job and knew she was vulnerable and didn't have many friends left. Now he seems ready to move on, while she probably wants to keep hanging out with him. Wonder how that will end.

Are Michaels' two best friends going to hook up with each other? It could be weird after such long time of platonic friendship, but the one who works in TV (Billy?) seemed quite jealous during the poker game.