Type keyword(s) to search

S18.E12: Sailors Delight

• Start Topic

In an epic Fall season finale, Clark scuttles Sig's partnership with Harley to get home for the birth of his and Mandy's baby. An orca leads the Cornelia Marie to the season's best pots. When John's autopilot fails, Jake is the star that leads him home.

Clarky is lucky that he hit on the crab.   At sea the captain is in CHARGE.   He says jump, you say "how high?"   You don't overide him because you wanna go home.   He knew Mandy's due date, he could have skipped baridi and stayed home.   yeah its money, but its not like they are going to be homeless if he skips one season.   But then there wouldn't have been DRAMA.

the retrospective got me all in the feels.   Except the Josh Harris parts of course.   Jake was so so young when this show started.   They all were.   Sig was THIRTY-SEVEN when it started.   he's 56 now.  

• Love 2

I would not be surprised if Sig agreed with Clark about the depths and opted to let him take the heat for breaking the deal with Harley. Or else he's mellowed even more than I thought. It was phony when Mandy did it, and this was just a repeat of that.

I did enjoy the popcorn eaters - even Norm!

They're starting to phase Edgar back into the flashback scenes.

I was trying to remember all the one or two season captains - remember the guy with the sweaters? 

I understand leaving Rick and Donna off - they've been clear that they want no part of it. But weird to leave out Andy Hillestrand. He must have burned a bridge.

I adored this show in its time, but that time is past, and they need to let Phil Harris' ghost rest and only be disturbed when Josh uses him to impress women in bars. 

• Love 4

The Clark arc is among the shenaniganiest shenanigans ever shenaniganned by Disco.

The importance of obeyance to Sig on that F/V is supreme.  It has to be that way on all ships.  Clark's gambit was completely a Disco deal.  Among other things, the grid construction/deal made little sense.  Harley would have lost his feces if he saw the NW veering off.  He was much too non-plussed about it all.   For all the V/Os about getting home, we got very little of the super anxious Sig being unable to hit a delivery or as we all heard at the beginning of this season - harvesting the full quota.

I wondered about the lack of an analog compass in the TB wheelhouse.  Oopsie, we got a quick glance of it in one of the final scenes.  It was, however, a nice bit with Jake A. being the way and the light.

How on earth did the Patty Lee harvest so much crab in the same time frame as all the others?  Unpossible.

Good on JH for giving a full and equal share to each crew.  I actually believe he could have contractually taken out certain expenses per contract from the payout pool.  If he wrote up the fully equal language in the contracts?  Good on him.  Now comes the question as to just how much did he lose with the closed Red season.  

Decent finale to the most challenging season Disco faced since Year 1.