Type keyword(s) to search

S01.E08: …And His Two Men and a Baby

• Start Topic

I think one of my main problems with this show is that I don't buy the relationships. Maybe Tom/Zenzi, and Tom/his mother; but other than those, I don't really feel that these people have actual feelings for each other. So the romantic/sexual "tension" between Tom/Isaac/Zenzi/whoever isn't working for me. And Zenzi getting together with Eskol just makes no sense to me since I thought she was only letting him get close for intel.

So the scientist was not related to Rowan? This character is so confusing. On purpose, I'm sure; but I don't think he's having the effect that the writers want him to have.

On one hand, I didn't mind the opening scene with the implied adventure of getting another capsule piece, but to me it was kinda early in the series to be doing something like that. Then again, this show didn't have much time given to it....

Yeah I'm really annoyed with all the puzzling love triangles, rectangles, etc. Couldn't Tom have just kept dating that guy his mom set him up with, and then everybody just really focus on the capsule mission and Lino's powers? There's already so much mystery going on that I don't need all these confused romances and attractions. Eskol started out the villain, but now they've decided that he's just being forced into it by The Road Back's real leader. So now they put him and Zenzi together.

• Like 1
  • Applause 1
  • Love 1

So are they going to explain why Rowan was so invested in that scientist? Or what his deal is? This is why so many of these conspiracies can be so frustrating, they ask a bunch of questions and you worry that you wont get any satisfactory answers. 

Not a bad episode, even if I am not a fan of the weird love square, but I wish the show would focus more on its strengths. I like Tom being cool and building cool gadgets to fight bad guys, they don't need to overcomplicate things.  

• Love 2
On 7/20/2022 at 3:25 PM, Trini said:

I think one of my main problems with this show is that I don't buy the relationships. Maybe Tom/Zenzi, and Tom/his mother; but other than those, I don't really feel that these people have actual feelings for each other. So the romantic/sexual "tension" between Tom/Isaac/Zenzi/whoever isn't working for me. And Zenzi getting together with Eskol just makes no sense to me since I thought she was only letting him get close for intel.

So the scientist was not related to Rowan? This character is so confusing. On purpose, I'm sure; but I don't think he's having the effect that the writers want him to have.

I think that part of the explanation for Zenzi/Eskol is that Eskol has just saved her life. I would think that would awaken romantic feelings to a degree in most people. That and Eskol has done little things to suggest that he is against the Road Back, even though we the audience know that he at least was willing to stab (if not kill) someone at their behest. 

I was under the impression (and it could be that I'm wrong or that it will never be fleshed out) that the baby is Rowan, that Rowan has somehow time-traveled back to now to engineer his being raised in Kenya and developing into the strapping man that he is.