Type keyword(s) to search

Trigger Point - General Discussion

• Start Topic

MV5BNTU5ZDYxZmEtMjkzMi00MDczLWE5ZTItNTY3
Trigger Point is a six 60-minute episode drama series with all the episodes airing on Peacock at the same time on July 8. Trigger Point has already aired in the UK on ITV in January of 2022 and has been renewed for a Season 2.
MV5BNTljZDk5NDUtYmEzNC00YjRhLWI0ZTctNGI2

Trigger Point focuses on two frontline officers in the Metropolitan Police Bomb Disposal Squad who must risk their lives during a terrorist campaign in the heart of London. This counter terrorism policing unit does the terrifying work of keeping London safe. Explore the high-pressured world of bomb disposal and meet the "expo" officers who must risk their lives to prevent bombings before fatalities can escalate.
MV5BZTBmZWVkNjctZDEyYS00YmUwLTk5OTgtNTdm
Vicky McClure plays Lana Washington, a front line officer, who is an experienced bomb disposal operative. Reckless and out of control, Lana is ex-military and pushed to breaking point dealing with a series of improvised explosive devices which threaten the capital during a terrorist summer campaign.  Under extreme pressure and searching for answers, Lana can’t help but become suspicious that the bomber is premeditatedly targeting her unit.  It’s a terrifying thought, but against all odds how does she prove it and discover the bomber’s real identity?
MV5BYjhjZTFjNzgtY2VlZi00ZjQ5LWJlYTktYWE3

Adrian Lester plays Joel Nutkins, bomb disposal expert

Mark Stanley plays DI Thom Youngblood

Warren Brown plays Karl Maguire

Kerry Godliman plays Sonya Reeves

Cal MacAninch plays Inspector Lee Robins

Trigger Point     July 8       Peacock  

Episodes 1-6       Titles and Descriptions

Spoiler

S01.E01: Episode 1
MV5BZDhiYWNiMzctNWMzZC00ZWExLTkzYmYtY2E1
Bomb disposal officers Lana Washington and Joel Nutkins are called out to a Met counter-terrorism operation at a London housing estate.

When terrorists target a high-rise, Lana and Joel must try to save as many people as possible

S01.E02: Episode 2
MV5BMWQ2YjE3ZDQtZmNhZS00M2NlLTliNzYtZWQz
Far-right group English Flag take to the streets to blame Islamists for the attack.

As the bombing campaign intensifies in London, Lana must find who is behind the terrifying attacks.

S01.E03: Episode 3
MV5BNzU1ZTk3NDUtZWNiMy00NDQ0LWI0OWItNTA3
Lana struggles to cope with the dangers of her job, but finds support in her relationship with Karl. After a terror group claims responsibility for the mosque attack, the bombing campaign intensifies with an attack on an LGBT target.

Lana copes with the dangers of her job and finds support in her budding relationship with Karl.

S01.E04: Episode 4
MV5BMjA4YTQwODctNjIxNi00OWM3LTkwNmMtN2Jh

Following the murder of a Counter Terrorism officer, Lana Washington and the EXPO team race against time to stop the bombers before they strike again.

Lana works with the New Scotland Yard to find the Crusaders before they carry out another attack.

S01.E05: Episode 5
MV5BZmQ2ZTI1ZWQtNmQ1Mi00NjJjLWIzZjAtYzI0

Lana struggles to come to terms with her personal loss and her failure to prevent the explosion. Meanwhile, Counter Terrorism officers identify the bomber and launch a manhunt.

Lana blames herself for the devastating loss; when the bomber is identified, Lana tracks him down.

S01.E06: Episode 6

(Season Finale)    
MV5BM2UxNjk3NzAtMTgzYS00MWVmLTg1MmMtZTdj

A desperate manhunt for the mastermind behind the bombing campaign plunges Lana Washington's EXPO team into ultimate danger.

The manhunt for the bombing campaign's mastermind puts Lana's EXPO team in extreme danger. 

Just finished a binge of this show. I thought it was pretty good - despite all of the commercials on Peacock which really broke up the tension. It was relatively easy to figure out the villain but I liked Vicky McClure in this role and am looking forward to Season 2. 

• Like 1

I was looking forward to this because I love Mark Stanley and Warren Brown, but overall I found it disappointing.

My limited bomb knowledge comes from Flashpoint (Canadian series) and Rush (Australian series), both of which focused on tactical response teams rather than specifically bomb disposal, but even I knew you never touch a light switch... Having Lana, supposedly a veteran expert, do this within the first fifteen minutes of the pilot, didn't really give me a lot of confidence...

All the bomb storylines seemed  solely based on plot efficacy and convenience rather than any sense of believability. I mean, I know it's TV, but this was really over the top.

I did find it oddly cathartic to watch Billy blow up, based solely on what an enormous a-hole the actor's character is on World on Fire.

Overall I think my biggest issue was the Lana/ Thom relationship, though. I did not understand what either of them saw in each other... all of Thom's interactions with her were either awkwardly trying to help her through her grief by moving way too fast (the "I love you"'s and wanting her to move in with him) or being a condescending jerk to her at work (like, repeatedly... ugh). They had no chemistry together whatsoever, and I just didn't see the point. Lana could have wanted to take things slow with Karl even if she wasn't in a relationship, considering all of her personal and work turmoil... was the cheating aspect really necessary? If they really thought it was, they could have easily made Thom a rounder character and given us a glimpse of why Lana liked him in the first place.

I liked Danny, Sonya, and DI Desai. but I don't know if that would be enough to bring me back for season 2.

FILMING IS UNDERWAY ON SECOND SERIES OF ITV’S TRIGGER POINT

The filming has started for the 6 episode second series of Trigger Point. 

Lana is just back from secondment training Ukrainian bomb disposal teams, but has not returned to active duty. She is giving a routine talk to security officers from major financial institutions about the issues surrounding bomb centred terrorism, when there is a bomb attack in the heart of the city. Lana is closest to the incident, but is she ready to take it on?

Vicky McClure as Lana ‘Wash’ Washington
Nabil Elouahabi as Hass
Eric Shango as Danny
Mark Stanley as DI Thom Youngblood
Kerry Godliman as Sonya Reeves
Kris Hitchen as John
Kevin Eldon as Jeff
Natalie Simpson as DS Helen Morgan
Julian Ovenden as Commander John Francis
Tomiwa Edun as Alex 

On 8/31/2022 at 12:17 PM, dargosmydaddy said:

I did find it oddly cathartic to watch Billy blow up, based solely on what an enormous a-hole the actor's character is on World on Fire.

Ewan Mitchell was the only reason I watched this show.  For me, he really sold Billy's terror at the end.  Lana should've stayed by the car until the clock finished the countdown if she wanted him to stay calm, so yeah, his death was at least partly on her and she should've been feeling guilty about it.

I could easily have stopped watching at that point, although I didn't because I wanted to see if I was correct about the bomber.  I was.

The only other character I even vaguely cared about was Adrian Lester's, so needless to say, won't be bothering with season 2.

I am a bit confused with this show. So Washington is an EXPO, that is an Explosives Officer, is she not? Is she a member of the Metropolitan Police Service? One would think so as she drives to the crime scenes with vehicle marked 'Police'. Yet she does not have any rank. In meetings her name plaque simply says Lana Washington - Explosives Officer.

(edited)

Trigger Point Season 2 will stream all 6 episodes at once in September on BritBox in the US.

Trigger Point Season 2 aired in the UK in January 2024 on ITV1 and ITVX.

The second season starts a year on from the Crusader's attacks. Lana Washington has returned to EXPO after helping train bomb disposal teams in Ukraine. While she's back and giving a corporate talk on bomb disposal, a series of devices are used to attack a power station causing widespread chaos, signaling the start of a new and active threat. Lana works with MI5 and Counter Terrorism to uncover a wide but loosely connected terrorist cell, led by an anonymous leader and bound by their belief in anti- state conspiracy theories. Lana is pushed to her limits as she goes undercover, attempting to unmask the figurehead of the paranoid, delusional cell before they cause total devastation.

Vicky McClure as Lana Washington
Nabil Elouahabi as Hass
Eric Shango as Danny
Natalie Simpson as DS Helen Morgan
Mark Stanley as DCI Thom Youngblood
Julian Ovenden as Commander John Francis
Kerry Godliman as Sonya Reeves
Tomiwa Edun as Alex
Kris Hitchen as John
Kevin Eldon as Jeff
Tamzin Griffin as Val
Os Leanse as Hugo
Bethan Cullinane as Hope
Thom Ashley as Nick Hood
Maanuv Thiara as DI Amar Batra
Dan Whitlam as Tim

Edited by AnimeMania
  • Like 1
(edited)

Not Confirmed: Trigger Point Season 2 will stream all 6 episodes at once on September 20, 2024 on BritBox in the US.

Edit:

September 5, 2024 streaming 2 episodes a week.

Edited by AnimeMania
  • Applause 2