Type keyword(s) to search

S03.E02: Fast Times at Creekwood High

• Start Topic

Victor tries to mend the fallout from his love triangle. Mia throws a party to take her mind off the fact that she might be moving. Felix and Lake achieve closure from their breakup. Isabel finally attends a PFLAG meeting, which doesn’t go as planned.

I really felt for Isabel at that PFLAG meeting. I'm never a fan of people who overdramatise things because their response wasn't textbook perfect, so for Isabel to hear that mother beating herself up for not accepting her son for 30 seconds would have been a major kick in the gut. So I'm glad she pointed out the ridiculousness of what that mother was saying. But Isabel also needs to not beat herself up about the fact it took her a while to come around, the point is she has accepted her son being gay AND that he has forgiven her.

Once again the show wraps up the dramas nice and quickly. That breakup scene between Lake and Felix was really beautiful and now they can move forward. And Victor's apology to Rahim was also nice and I'm glad we are done with the huffy cold shoulder treatment. I still really don't care about Mia's drama the way this show wants me to. Maybe because both Mia and Andrew look old enough to have graduated college and look after themselves haha.

Oh no! Benji and Victor are forced apart again, they'll be back together by Episode 4 I reckon.

And nice to see the young Salazar still exists after he was absent last episode.

• Love 1

Yeah, that's kind of where I figured they were going. Yet another roadblock for Victor and Benji, the whole thing is very soap opera. I know that recovering alcoholics are discouraged from starting up new (romantic) relationships the first year of sobriety, but a.) Victor and Benji are not a new relationship and b.) Benji is not newly sober, he has fallen off the wagon. I think the only reason he would be encouraged to break up with Victor is if that relationship was so toxic it was causing him to drink. That doesn't appear to be the case, but maybe his insecurities are such that any relationship is a trigger for him right now. At any rate, I don't like it.

I still really don't care about Mia's drama the way this show wants me to. Maybe because both Mia and Andrew look old enough to have graduated college and look after themselves 

Yes, this seemed like an overblown problem with a simple solution: let Mia stay with one of her friends for the rest of the school year. It appears she's been left to her own devices most of her life anyway, I fail to see why this seemed like such an insurmountable conundrum. 

I really felt for Isabel at that PFLAG meeting.

Theresa's introduction was comical to the point of parody. "30 whole seconds!" It's hard to say whether they were deliberately playing this for laughs but it certainly came off that way. I imagine the character will have some significant role to play going forward, I can't imagine Nia Vardalos was only cast for a couple of scenes.

• Like 1
  • Love 2
On 6/16/2022 at 11:14 AM, Bill1978 said:

I really felt for Isabel at that PFLAG meeting. I'm never a fan of people who overdramatise things because their response wasn't textbook perfect, so for Isabel to hear that mother beating herself up for not accepting her son for 30 seconds would have been a major kick in the gut. So I'm glad she pointed out the ridiculousness of what that mother was saying. But Isabel also needs to not beat herself up about the fact it took her a while to come around, the point is she has accepted her son being gay AND that he has forgiven her.

Meh, let her stew for a while, I say. Victor felt shitty because of her all of last season, she can feel bad now for few episodes. But that other woman's introduction was like a carricature, so cringeworthy. Why would she even be there, I though it was mostly for parents who struggle.

I really disllike Rahim. Why was Victor even apologizing to him? I don't get it. Rahim kissed him, Victor is not into him, so Rahim should not have kissed him in the first place. I get that it's normal for teenagers though, so let him just apologize to Victor and be done with it, they can still be friends if they are both ok with it. But Victor had nothing to apologize for. And WTF was that comment about Victor being the biggest drama queen? Hello, Rahim, have you met yourself??! 

I agree that Mia should just live on her own. She was alone a lot anyway, so her father obviously thinks she can take care of herself. He could leave her the house as well, he obviously has enough money. I'm not sure it would be ok from a legal standpoint, but if no social services came during all the time she was alone and even had to be taken into hospital by other adults, then they probably should be fine for the last few months until she's 18.

Lake and Lucy look cute together. I wonder if they will address that Lake seemed to be only into boys before, or just leave it like that, open for interpretation. Lucy started to say something about figuring stuff out after breaking up with Andrew, so I guess that was it for her, but I would like a longer conversation between them.