Jump to content
Forums forums
PRIMETIMER

SoMuchTV

[QUESTION, ANSWERED] Topics disappeared?

Recommended Posts

Just curious - it looks like a lot of specials/one-offs got promoted and are now showing up as "new shows" and if I'd been following them, they're now on my home page.  Some of them are months or years since the last post.  Was there some kind of automated change in the rules about what will be on the "my shows" view, or is someone going through and reevaluating everything, or...?  Not complaining, just curious.

...ETA:

Never mind (maybe?)  Although you might not want to delete this, in case anyone else has the same question.  I just saw this thread

I guess that means a lot of stuff shows up as "shows" that didn't before?

Edited by SoMuchTV · Reason: Edited after seeing other info.
  • Love 1

Share this post


Link to post

Went to the sunsetted page and poached the new topics for my curated page. It's been about 24 hours, but the new topics aren't showing up on my topics list. 

Is anyone else experiencing this?

Share this post


Link to post

Yeah. I added the new Limited series forum/thread, and nothing shows up yet.

Share this post


Link to post

I know a note was put on how all the award shows, limited series, etc. were shunted, and there was a link, but isn't it located somewhere so I can add it to my customized page? If there is, I can't see it. No way for me to see if there are new posts, as I don't want to be bombarded with notifications, so my setting is to follow without notifications. I went into each new sub forum and chose that selection, but it would be nice to be able to see it on my customized page instead of having to go back to the mod note and click on that link.

I see some of the subforums have popped up, but where where the Rankin/Bass movies of Rudolph, Frosty, etc., been moved to? @SilverStormm? The search function yielded no results.

Edited by GHScorpiosRule

Share this post


Link to post

Strangely, I added two of the four, but only one (Entertainment and One Offs) is now showing on my list. Limited TV Series (forget the exact name) still isn't showing. 

Share this post


Link to post
On 6/8/2022 at 9:52 PM, SoMuchTV said:

Just curious - it looks like a lot of specials/one-offs got promoted and are now showing up as "new shows" and if I'd been following them, they're now on my home page.  Some of them are months or years since the last post.  Was there some kind of automated change in the rules about what will be on the "my shows" view, or is someone going through and reevaluating everything, or...?  Not complaining, just curious.

...ETA:

Never mind (maybe?)  Although you might not want to delete this, in case anyone else has the same question.  I just saw this thread

I guess that means a lot of stuff shows up as "shows" that didn't before?

Yup.

On 6/8/2022 at 11:15 PM, emmawoodhouse said:

Went to the sunsetted page and poached the new topics for my curated page. It's been about 24 hours, but the new topics aren't showing up on my topics list. 

Is anyone else experiencing this?

On 6/9/2022 at 12:16 AM, WendyCR72 said:

Yeah. I added the new Limited series forum/thread, and nothing shows up yet.

On 6/9/2022 at 1:56 PM, GHScorpiosRule said:

I know a note was put on how all the award shows, limited series, etc. were shunted, and there was a link, but isn't it located somewhere so I can add it to my customized page? If there is, I can't see it. No way for me to see if there are new posts, as I don't want to be bombarded with notifications, so my setting is to follow without notifications. I went into each new sub forum and chose that selection, but it would be nice to be able to see it on my customized page instead of having to go back to the mod note and click on that link.

I see some of the subforums have popped up, but where where the Rankin/Bass movies of Rudolph, Frosty, etc., been moved to? @SilverStormm? The search function yielded no results.

On 6/9/2022 at 8:05 PM, emmawoodhouse said:

Strangely, I added two of the four, but only one (Entertainment and One Offs) is now showing on my list. Limited TV Series (forget the exact name) still isn't showing. 

Ok so here's how it works; within the Limited Series & One-Offs category there are 4 forums:

  1. Award Shows
  2. TV Movies
  3. Entertainment Specials & Other One-Offs
  4. Limited & Event Series

Forums 1 - 3 can be added to your homepage as forums but the threads/topics within them cannot. In this regard they are no different than from when they lived in the original sunsetted forum except that the topics are now separated out by type.

Forum 4 is the opposite, it behaves in the same manner as all 'Other Dramas, Other Genre, Other Comedies' forums - (for technical reasons) the forum itself cannot be added to your homepage but the individual show threads/topics within it can.

If you still have an issue please be super specific about what it is and provide links where possible, thanks.

  • Love 1
  • Useful 3
  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post

33 minutes ago, SilverStormm said:

Forums 1 - 3 can be added to your homepage as forums but the threads/topics within them cannot. In this regard they are no different than from when they lived in the original sunsetted forum except that the topics are now separated out by type.

Forum 4 is the opposite, it behaves in the same manner as all 'Other Dramas, Other Genre, Other Comedies' forums - (for technical reasons) the forum itself cannot be added to your homepage but the individual threads/topics within it can.

If you still have an issue please be super specific about what it is and provide links where possible, thanks

All I know is the Rankin Bass Holiday movies used to be under the old specials/one offs, but now I can’t find that thread anywhere and the search function is useless. And I can’t provide a link because none exists. I’m trying to find the threads and they’re not listed at the bottom of the site, where all the movies/limited series/one offs are listed in the “new shows added”

Share this post


Link to post
1 hour ago, GHScorpiosRule said:

All I know is the Rankin Bass Holiday movies used to be under the old specials/one offs, but now I can’t find that thread anywhere and the search function is useless. And I can’t provide a link because none exists. I’m trying to find the threads and they’re not listed at the bottom of the site, where all the movies/limited series/one offs are listed in the “new shows added”

That topic was put in Entertainment TV Specials & Other One-Offs as it has 'Specials' in the title, so was assumed to be Specials?

I searched as follows;

nbdugcs.thumb.jpg.e6db301739d6a1d936291bb3b5b77c8c.jpg

And this result came up;

cbdhnvcsh2.thumb.jpg.15304cb1c0dfdd4a87683296190e2097.jpg

However, if it's been mis-categorised and is a better fit in TV Movies please let me know and I'll move it there.

ETA: Additionally, you won't find topics in forums 1-3 as per above listed in Recently Added Shows because they aren't indexed. Only topics in Limited & Event Series are indexed as explained above.

Share this post


Link to post
7 minutes ago, SilverStormm said:

That topic was put in Entertainment TV Specials & Other One-Offs as it has 'Specials' in the title, so was assumed to be Specials?

I searched as follows;

nbdugcs.thumb.jpg.e6db301739d6a1d936291bb3b5b77c8c.jpg

And this result came up;

cbdhnvcsh2.thumb.jpg.15304cb1c0dfdd4a87683296190e2097.jpg

However, if it's been mis-categorised and is a better fit in TV Movies please let me know and I'll move it there.

ETA: Additionally, you won't find topics in forums 1-3 as per above listed in Recently Added Shows because they aren't indexed. Only topics in Limited & Event Series are indexed as explained above.

I’m not sure why the search didn’t work for me.

Well these movies air at Christmas time and I suppose they don’t need to be moved. Thanks for clarifying.

Share this post


Link to post
Guest
This topic is now closed to further replies.
×
×
  • Create New...

Customize font-size