Type keyword(s) to search

S01.E03: ... And Nine Inches of Danger

• Start Topic

They seem to be setting up some new mystery with cousin Lino (Tom calls him his adopted brother in the credits) and his mother. I wonder if the mother had powers and that's how she got shunned from the family.

The summit was interesting, but yeah, I'm not sure that Claire would have sabotaged the penlight since it would embarrass the company. But after the summit, she totally took advantage of the sleep gel to get Claire to electronically sign those documents.

Is Barclay really totally fixed? I still don't know if Rowan is just playing both sides or if he actually cares. I guess he assumes that Tom's dad is dead, and doesn't know that there's a current mission trying to save him.

• Like 1
  • Love 1

Definitely looks like one of the biggest stories/themes of this show is going to be Tom trying to find a balance between saving his dad/bringing down this organization and keeping his family's business intact.  That said, considering how much leeway eccentric "geniuses" get away with in real life, I don't think Tom being late or not showing up for the final presentation would have that much of a blowback on the majority of the investors.  But I guess I can go with it being a negative for Susannah and her expecting more of him: probably because they are of similar age and have similar backgrounds.  And it sounded like losing her alone would be enough to hit them hard.  And then there is Claire continuing to use that sleep gel for her own gain.  I do think she will end up being innocent over sabotaging the penlight.

Curious to know more about what is going on with Lino and his mother that Lorraine really, really does not want to talk about.

Hopefully Barclay is totally fixed now, but Tom better keep an eye on his security measures going forward.  Thankfully, if he doesn't, I suspect Isaac is going taking every precaution possible!

Zenzi has totally got the eye of that shady congressman now, which is troubling.

Still really enjoying Tian Richards here: he really is charismatic and can carry the show with ease.

• Like 1
  • Love 1

Its not easy to run your families billion dollar company while also trying to secretly save your dad from space and topple an evil luddite conspiracy, even for a super genius like Tom. Things certainly took a bad turn for him on several levels, his brother feels like Tom's ignoring him, his mother thinks he's too raw from grief to run the company, and his disappearing act caused Susanna, a fellow young heir/wonderkind, to pull out of Swift Enterprises, presumably because their so similar so she is holding him to an extra high standard. Tom's a very charismatic guy though, he can still certainly win her and the investors back. 

It sounds like there is another family mystery now, something about Lorraine's sister and Lino's mother. Does/did she have super powers, and Lino inherited them? Was she a witch? We know magic exists in this world, so why not? Or did she experiment on Lino as a kid to give him powers, Lorraine found out, and that's why they never speak of her?

Claire might be using the suggestion pills to get control of the company, but I don't think she would do something like mess with the drinks that would embarrass the whole company, the company she wants to run one day. If its not her, then who was it? 

• Love 1