Type keyword(s) to search

S06.E16: Joshua and Margaret Investigations

Nice flashback episode to when Jake was born. Turns out his folks were supernatural detectives, and Jake might have been born out of Joshua's head thanks to a monster bite, while brother Jermaine was born from his mother. It's also the only time I can compare Jake to the mythos of Athena. And Jake's all, "And my parents never told me about it," which . . . for this show? Par for the course.

Well, Joshua and Margaret could talk. And from what I've heard, Jake's powers came from a magic mud puddle . . . though I'm guessing we just got a retcon for that.

Jake was never able to find that puddle either.  I do wonder where they're going with this.

Well, Joshua and Margaret could talk. And from what I've heard, Jake's powers came from a magic mud puddle . . . though I'm guessing we just got a retcon for that.

Even before this episode Pen Ward had said that Jake did not get his powers from a mud puddle, he just couldn't remember how he got his powers and came up with a random memory.

Also the fact that some of Jake's pups (Kim Kil Whan and Jake Jr) also have his stretchy powers indicated a genetic source over the magic mud story. Although I guess it would've been possible for the mud to have mutated Jake and then he passed on the mutation to the pups.

Edited by Maximum Taco