Type keyword(s) to search

S04.E20: Champagne Glasses

• Start Topic

After an intense ending to the Halloween party, Spencer tries his best to compartmentalize everything and focus on the big Homecoming game. Much to Laura's dismay, Billy and Olivia set out on a mission to do what they think is right, which leads them to learn more than they anticipated. Jordan makes it known in what he wants but is met with resistance, and Layla gets an unexpected bombshell at work. Coop is at an emotional crossroads and Asher learns the power of adjustments. Meanwhile, Grace gets a life changing offer she may not be able to refuse.

Airdate: 05/23/2022

Season finale!

This cliffhanger was a bit of a letdown.  Will Spencer and Olivia split after fighting for like 13 straight episodes?  I figure they probably will just because, as she said, it's so exhausting.  But Spencer should not want to play for and look up to a coach who apparently is terrible.  I wonder if they've figured out what it is the coach did yet, or if they had to plan that during the break from filming.  He must be a serial rapist or something if he's going to turn out to be worse than Wade.  It was a nice misdirect in the previews last week to make it seem like Wade was threatening Olivia when he was actually offering his help because he wanted to get back at the coach.  With the way that Wade got knocked out by Jordan and then they just left him, I kind of thought he was going to have worse injuries than just a bruised jaw, and that Jordan would be in serious trouble beyond a broken hand.  So is GAU preposterously out of quarterbacks now, unless the guy with the bad ankle returns?  Maybe Spencer can be the emergency QB like he tried to be in that high school game where Chris was out of town.  Unless things get cleaned up, I don't know why Spencer and Jordan want to be with this particular team.  And the lineman who claimed the cops planted evidence on Wade because of Laura.  Yeah, because cops love Laura so much.

At the beginning of the episode, I said, "At least Coop probably won't get shot this year."  Then I was worried for a second I had spoken too soon when she was getting up and challenging the cops.  I understand her wanting to move forward, but I still think she and Patience could have a future at some point.  I didn't like how Sky was trying to convince her she didn't love Patience--it's one thing if she reached that conclusion herself.

Layla was right to tell Jordan it wasn't the right time to get together, but now it means they'll keep dragging this out forever when I never cared in the first place!

It's nice that Dillon and Spencer are supportive of their mom's engagement, but Dillon was last seen being a surly teenager, so I think he would have at least (maybe before D'Angelo talked about proposing) been upset over the idea of having to move away.  He was probably just happy he had something to do on the show at all.

Coach Mr. Montes seems pretty nice, so at least some of the characters don't have to deal with total jerks.  I thought he was going to bust Asher over not revealing that Jordan was hurt, which they probably should have figured out on their own among the however many real coaches on the staff.  I also thought that when he picked up Asher at the beach house, he was trying to spy on the other team, so perhaps I'm too suspicious.

• Love 4

Is it just me or did there seem to be scenes missing? They would come back from a commercial break and the plot would have advanced so much I thought I missed something. 

Now that Jordan has this issue with his hand, I feel like they're gonna have the coach give him steroids or something, and then when Liv tries to break her story it will be a choice between not releasing it or taking down Jordan along with the coach.

I am so not here for the forced drama between Layla and dude she slept with and brushed off who now is apparently the head of her dad's label. 

• Love 2

I just discovered this show on Netflix and binge watched it all in the past 2 weeks. I really like it, and am glad it's more than just a "teen drama."

I don't have any guesses as to what makes Coach Garrett so horrible and much worse than Wade, but I'm looking forward to seeing what they come up with.  I'm glad no one is in mortal danger with this cliffhanger at least, but I doubt Spence and Olivia will break up. I think Spence will become interested in her investigation and also want to know the demons in Garrett's closet. Does Billy then prove Grace right and leave to be the Condors' coach? 

• Love 1