Type keyword(s) to search

S05.E19: Incoming

thewhiteowl
  • Start Topic

When a plane carrying Street and the dangerous prisoner he’s transporting is hijacked, the SWAT team races to save the innocent passengers onboard – and one of their own. Also, Hondo take a big step in his relationship with Nichelle.

• Love 1
13 minutes ago, thewhiteowl said:

Also, Hondo take a big step in his relationship with Nichelle.

:O

My guess is that Hondo is going to propose. Yeah, this wording suggests that the other storyline the show has been building- Nichelle's attempt at having a baby- might come to fruition but I suspect the show's producers know this so we'll get something else. Which means a proposal. :)

• Love 2

letter-c.png

On 4/30/2022 at 12:52 PM, SnazzyDaisy said:

My guess… they’re moving in together! 

Looks like you were right. This storyline was the episode's highlight, as it was great to see Hondo unquestionably show his devotion to Nichelle. I'm going to guess there may still be some drama still, but those two are crafting a nice love story.

I guess I should have figured they'd do that. Shemar Moore was a soap opera vet back in the day.

The case...well...it had its moments. Sure was engaging and dramatic and kept my attention...but you know when you have the feeling things are working just a little too well? That's what I got watching this episode. Though some parts of the plan did go wrong- like Street's attempted rescue halfway through the episode- it still felt like the plan worked a little too well. In real life, when there are so many parts of a plan that could go wrong they usually do.

Worse than that was the huge plot hole that overshadowed the entire story- namely, why was such a high profile criminal, someone who could be considered pretty dangerous, transported from Miami to Los Angeles via a commercial aircraft? Secondly, how could the criminal put his plan in motion with all those hijackers on the day he got arrested? I mean, yeah I've never hijacked a plane before (with good reason) but I can't imagine you can have a working plan to hijack a plane, with co-conspirators and equipment, in just a few hours. Even if the criminal planned on getting arrested, I strongly doubt the police are going to advertise which flight they will take on their way back, meaning his co-conspirators would have to guess on what tickets they had to buy.

All in all, it just meant things worked a little too well on both sides.

Lastly, the Norah Fowler story felt very much like filler. I was disappointed in the prospect of losing Fowler from the team but the way Luca found a way to bring her back righted the ship a little. I guess we'll have to see where her story actually goes.

• Love 3
(edited)
On 4/29/2022 at 10:14 PM, Danielg342 said:

:O

My guess is that Hondo is going to propose. Yeah, this wording suggests that the other storyline the show has been building- Nichelle's attempt at having a baby- might come to fruition but I suspect the show's producers know this so we'll get something else. Which means a proposal. :)

I was surprised at how much I liked the Hondo and Nichelle storyline.  I thought it was nice that Hondo was supportive and reassuring about her news that she would have difficulty getting pregnant naturally.  They are really great together. I like the growth with Hondo getting over his commitment issues.

The hijacking with Street was a good storyline. It was cool when Street unlocked his cuffs and took part in the SWAT raid.  I've never seen Diana Hopper in anything before.  She's really good, and she was so cute with Street.  I do think it is out of character for Street to be dense enough to leave the airfield with the flight attendant while Chris is watching.  I don't understand why he did that after he told the flight attendant that he had someone waiting for him, although it was complicated.  He seems confused.

I like Luka and Fowler as friends. Are we to understand that Fowler can stay on as a medical officer, even if she cannot pass the hearing evaluation for SWAT?  I wonder what they are setting up with her.  I like Fowler the best of any of the new female characters.

Edited by nittany cougar
  • Love 2
(edited)

The COTW is just okay, we have seen this plot so many time over the years. And Galloway is not really a badass villain, he is kind of meh.

Re Nora's hearing condition, what does it mean when she said it's manageable, is the damage going to be permanent? I thought eardrum damage can usually heal itself or is surgically repairable. I really want her to be full SWAT rather than the other female trainee who is so full of herself.

The look on Chris' face when she sees Jim leaving with Katie. You deserve that Chris, you have been playing a petty game for so long, toying his heart and stringing his feelings. It's getting really toxic for both of them! It's time for Jim to move on and live his best life with someone who appreciates him. Girl, bye!

giphy.gif

On 5/2/2022 at 11:27 AM, Danielg342 said:

Looks like you were right. This storyline was the episode's highlight, as it was great to see Hondo unquestionably show his devotion to Nichelle. I'm going to guess there may still be some drama still, but those two are crafting a nice love story.

I guess I should have figured they'd do that. Shemar Moore was a soap opera vet back in the day.

Woohoo, yes! 😆

Season 6 could be their last season. I hope Hondo & Nichelle's fertility drama will be kept at a minimum. It would be so much more interesting to see how both of them navigate their lives as new parents rather than their troubles conceiving.

Edited by SnazzyDaisy
  • Love 1

I realize I never commented on the "Stris" storyline in this episode...probably because I just wish it weren't a thing.

I do agree that Diana Hopper was actually good and she had great chemistry with Street. Which shouldn't be surprising given Hopper and Alex Russell are dating in real life, but you'd be amazed how many real life couples don't seem to have chemistry on the screen. Anyway, I do wonder if they're going to have Street date Katie (Hopper's character) for a little while. My preference would be to make that pairing permanent but I know this show is stuck on "Stris" (and Lina Esco herself apparently likes the storyline) so I expect- if the show goes anywhere with Katie+Street- that it's merely just a momentary swerve before we get back to...Stris.

We'll see.

• Love 1
On 5/1/2022 at 8:27 PM, Danielg342 said:

letter-c.png

The case...well...it had its moments. Sure was engaging and dramatic and kept my attention...but you know when you have the feeling things are working just a little too well? That's what I got watching this episode. Though some parts of the plan did go wrong- like Street's attempted rescue halfway through the episode- it still felt like the plan worked a little too well. In real life, when there are so many parts of a plan that could go wrong they usually do.

Worse than that was the huge plot hole that overshadowed the entire story- namely, why was such a high profile criminal, someone who could be considered pretty dangerous, transported from Miami to Los Angeles via a commercial aircraft? Secondly, how could the criminal put his plan in motion with all those hijackers on the day he got arrested? I mean, yeah I've never hijacked a plane before (with good reason) but I can't imagine you can have a working plan to hijack a plane, with co-conspirators and equipment, in just a few hours. Even if the criminal planned on getting arrested, I strongly doubt the police are going to advertise which flight they will take on their way back, meaning his co-conspirators would have to guess on what tickets they had to buy.

All in all, it just meant things worked a little too well on both sides.

Lastly, the Norah Fowler story felt very much like filler. I was disappointed in the prospect of losing Fowler from the team but the way Luca found a way to bring her back righted the ship a little. I guess we'll have to see where her story actually goes.

There is no way possible the FBI would let this one go. They even set up that SWAT didn't even train for it anymore in an LAPD SWAT takes everything first world. It seemed from the single Deputy that it was just an ordinary case to the Feds, until the highjack of course.

• Love 3