Type keyword(s) to search

S01.E04

• Start Topic

Ugh, I don’t know if I have it in me to finish this show. If there were only 1 episode left, maybe.  But two just seems like more a slog than I have in me to endure.  I guess I have to see what the verdict will be.  I’m half-tempted just to look at spoilers and call it a day.

I didn’t at all catch on to Kate being Holly until she went out on her balcony and that screechy/ blurry effect started, and then I kind of saw where it was about to go.  As an aside, how does a prosecutor afford such a nice flat in London?  Are prosecutors in the UK paid substantially more than in the US?

What happened to Kate is tragic, but it’s very hard to have sympathy for her when she is engaging in a massive conflict of interest in the case.  I also found it strained credulity that Holly would apparently just up and change her name after being raped.  (Unless Kate is her middle name that she elected to go by, her new last name is a married name and she is now divorced?)  That seemed like a narrative convenience to make this story work.

• Love 1

That reveal definitely fell flat to me. I figured there was SOME connection, but seriously - we're supposed to believe that she looks so fundamentally different that Sophie wouldn't recognize her, or at the very least put the pieces together as soon as the Holly allegation came up? That Kate/Holly is that fucked up ethically and motivated for revenge? 

I'll watch the last two because I'm curious how they'll land it but thus far the main thing I appreciate about the show is Sienna Miller's wardrobe and green kitchen cabinets.

• LOL 2
  • Love 1

And James will get off scot free because Holly Kate didn't recuse herself or disclose their previous relationship.  (Just speculation.  I haven't watched beyond this episode.)

• Love 1
On 5/2/2022 at 10:24 AM, hendersonrocks said:

That reveal definitely fell flat to me. I figured there was SOME connection, but seriously - we're supposed to believe that she looks so fundamentally different that Sophie wouldn't recognize her, or at the very least put the pieces together as soon as the Holly allegation came up?

I was wondering if Kate had plastic surgery as well as changing her name because as you said, how else would Sophie not recognize her after literally watching her and hearing her speak for days on end? If not, it's bad casting as Holly looks nothing like Kate. But then young James and young Tom look nothing like their present time selves either so IDK.