Type keyword(s) to search

S01.E07: Chapter 7

Scarlett45
  • Start Topic

The earthquake and its aftermath was horrific. I shouldn’t be shocked that Koreans were used as a scapegoat for the tragedy, people spreading rumors about them looting the wreckage etc, but it still made me so angry.

Okay, what Hansu went through was brutal, and for that he has my sympathy. I’m sure I’ll be back to hating him next week.

• Love 5

The actor that plays Hansu was fantastic. He was such an ass in the past episodes but watching his past and how he became the person he is was so heartbreaking. The earthquake scenes were difficult to watch but so realistic. Apple+ put so much money into this series and it shows. 

Edited by twoods
  • Love 4
On 4/22/2022 at 5:12 AM, Spartan Girl said:

The earthquake and its aftermath was horrific. I shouldn’t be shocked that Koreans were used as a scapegoat for the tragedy, people spreading rumors about them looting the wreckage etc, but it still made me so angry.

Okay, what Hansu went through was brutal, and for that he has my sympathy. I’m sure I’ll be back to hating him next week.

Hansu is a shady asshole, forever and ever amen. But damn my heart was breaking for that boy all episode long. His father really did love him, and did everything he could to give him opportunities. And then to lose his father the way he did, and see those poor men burned alive when he (and the elderly Japanese gentleman) were just trying to save them, by golly no wonder he sticks with the yakuza. That man took him in when he had NOTHING. 

He took that watch from his student and saved it all these years when he probably needed the money. In his own butt hurt asshole way he did “like” Sunja, and the watch was a token of his affection- but he’s a shady asshole, forever and ever amen. 

On 4/23/2022 at 12:24 AM, twoods said:

The actor that plays Hansu was fantastic. He was such an ass in the past episodes but watching his past and how he became the person he is was so heartbreaking. The earthquake scenes were difficult to watch but so realistic. Apple+ put so much money into this series and it shows. 

This episode was wonderful, and Lee Ming-ho is an amazing actor. The things he can do with that gorgeous face of his!

I knew the episode would be decent because of the acting, but I REALLY loved this episode. I was surprised. 

• Love 3