Type keyword(s) to search

S04.E15: Everything That Can Be Lost May Also Be Found

paulvdb
  • Start Topic

Hope continues to be swirled in confusion and fighting her humanity, which results in her seeing the people who mean the most to her: Rebekah, Marcel, Kol, and Freya. Kaleb wants to introduce Cleo to his world, including those who had the most profound influence on his path. Meanwhile, Lizzy devises a plan to get in someone's good graces.

Airdate: April 14, 2022

The only thing that bugged me was the face-turn-heel of Ben. I mean, it makes some sense that he wants his old flame back, and he would want the curse lifted, but his interest in Jed looks odd and very shallow. And if all it takes is a spell to keep the monsters at bay, I mean, really, there are worse things to experience.

I was really nice seeing the Originals back, even if for a little while. And yet, it's obvious there's a Klaus and Elijah sized hole in the group. Part of it may be they're still in mourning, which, if you knew someone for hundreds of not thousands of years, you wouldn't exactly be over things in a few years. 

With a 'cure' for vampirism, I don't know why Hope would give up hope on having little mini Hopes running around (If I could have found an easy way keep adding the word 'hope' to that sentence I would have). And as Rebecca pointed out, with all the loopholes, never say never even if Hope stays a vampire. 

I really like Jen and feel for her. She so desperately wants a friend and someone who could be her pal. And she didn't eviscerate (literally or figuratively) Lizzie for manipulating her. 

Lizzie needed the hug from her father and MG. Someone needs to tell her that she made the best choices she could with the information she had. She didn't want to give up on Hope, she didn't want to give up on her father, hell, she even managed to spur some growth in Aurora which is nothing short of amazing. 

Kaleb and Cleo was a nice breath of lightness from the seriousness of the other plots, until it suddenly got real as well. So are we to take it Cleo's powers have transformed or altered?

I'm still curious what happened to Landon and THE ALMIGHTY NECROMANCER, but the episode already had so much going on, it could wait.

Still not missing Josie (Kaylee Bryant is fantastic, but the character off doing stuff off screen works fine unless and until they can get a plot that would make sense for her). 

I am still digging the humanity war in Hope. But I still like humanity hope better. 

Onto the Tribid-gods war!

(God's really are simply powerful monsters, that's why Malavore could swallow them and make the world forget about them on some level, they can be killed like everything else in TVD world).

• Love 2

Weeks late, but I really enjoyed this episode. I couldn’t believe they got everyone, even Marcel and Kol, back. I liked the funeral idea, but I felt bad for Elijah. He died too, but they barely mentioned him. But it was like when Klaus and Elijah were alive so I shouldn’t be surprised.

I’m glad Hope’s friends and family are the impetus for getting her humanity back. I don’t mind Landon but it’s nice to see familial love take precedence (for now).

I wish we had gotten to learn more about Kaleb’s backstory during his trip home. They’ve shown glimpses of when he first turned but never the full story. It was a nice little side quest and reminder that Kaleb has a supportive family unlike most of the “Super Squad”.