Type keyword(s) to search

S02.E19: Animatronic Gorilla, $2,200

• Start Topic

As Tom struggles to finish his book before his 40th birthday, his dad Marshall hijacks his writing seminar. Denise convinces Marina that she needs to do something special for Tom’s 40th and talks her into doing boudoir photos. Elsewhere, Sarah and Denise go overboard to impress a potential sperm donor.

Original airdate: 4/13/22

Good episode.  I hated how they ended the plot with the sperm donor though.  That's so cheap and it's been done.  I just saw it on a show where someone invited his boyfriend over for dinner and he started spouting off conspiracy theories.  

Anthony on "And Just Like That":

9 "No Strings Attached" Nisha Ganatra Michael Patrick King and Julie Rottenberg & Elisa Zuritsky January 27, 2022

Miranda recruits Carrie and Charlotte for a work party at the women's shelter. To help boost Lisette's jewelry sales, Carrie posts an Instagram photo of herself wearing a piece. Rock resists having a Bat Mitzvah. Anthony brings new friend Justin to Charlotte and Harry's for dinner, then orders him out when Justin claims the Holocaust was a hoax.

Of course, that was a much worse version, and Harry and Charlotte are Jewish, to boot, but AJLT never did anything subtle or half cocked.

Edited by Ms Blue Jay
  • Love 1
19 hours ago, Ms Blue Jay said:

Good episode.  I hated how they ended the plot with the sperm donor though.  That's so cheap and it's been done.  I just saw it on a show where someone invited his boyfriend over for dinner and he started spouting off conspiracy theories.  

Anthony on "And Just Like That":

Of course, that was a much worse version, and Harry and Charlotte are Jewish, to boot, but AJLT never did anything subtle or half cocked.

I found it odd to have the potential sperm donor be a two episode character if they were just going to end his arc like that.  "Oh no, turns out they're crazy" is a one episode plotline for me.  Glad to see the actor though.  I loved him on Crazy Ex-girlfriend!

I did enjoy what we heard of Marshall's novel.  I would totally read that!

• Love 4

I'm not particularly maternal and never had an interest in having kids so it's very possible I don't get it, but why would a sperm donor being an idiot/conspiracy theorist be a big deal if they're not going to be involved in the actual rearing of the kid? Is it leaning way to heavy on the nature side of nature vs. nurture?  That doesn't seem like Denise and Sarah. Why would it be any different that how they view the raising of their adopted kids?

• Love 2

I think it was just that they didn't want to spend any time with him at all after that.  They thought he was this perfect specimen prior to that.

I just think the whole thing was cheap, so I get where you're coming from.  

Edited by Ms Blue Jay
  • Love 3
8 hours ago, mostlylurking said:

I also thought the ending with the sperm donor was strange. Like he seemed so worldly with loving opera and speaking different languages and then all of a sudden he’s a flat earthed?  That was weird. 

Also, the way they've presented Sarah and Denise so far, there's no way they aren't friends with people who are into some weird, alternative things, so I'm not sure I'd buy them axing a potential donor over being a flat earther.  Like, they seem like the type of people who have at least one friend who's shunned all modern day medicine for essential oils.  Just saying...

• Love 1

Last few episodes I have really been enjoying and it seems that they have featured Marina and Denise more. I think that they have the best chemistry on the show and are being given more time on the show.

This formula seems to be working for now.

• Love 2