Type keyword(s) to search

Cosima Niehaus: Alternative Hacker Clone

On a shallow note, I find Cosima to be the hottest clone (despite the fact that I normally don't find dreads attractive). I think it's the glasses.

When she was initially introduced, I was afraid that her purpose on the show was to be the smart science nerd expositioning about the science stuff to the other clones, but I quickly grew to love her character as much as the others.

I love the nature vs nurture question addressed repeatedly on this show. Seeing how the different clones react to similar situations is really interesting to me. While Alison's tightly wound personality obsessed about who her monitor could be and manifested in tying her husband to a chair, Cosima had a more laid back approach to her monitor situation.

(edited)

While Alison's tightly wound personality obsessed about who her monitor could be and manifested in tying her husband to a chair, Cosima had a more laid back approach to her monitor situation.

That's probably easier to do when your monitor looks and talks like Delphine, though. Just sayin.

Speaking of Delphine, I think Cosima's relationship with her in season two is going to be really interesting and complicated, and I'm stoked to see it play out.

Also, I will be really sad if they kill off Cosima, even though it wouldn't shock me. But, to me, she's kind of a breath of fresh air from the others. Alison is crazy and comedic, Sarah is dark and is always in some kind of jam, Helena/Rachel are the ~bad guys. But Cosima is kind of always happy/smiley and sees the bright side of things and is never too serious. Though, I guess that will change a little bit now that she's sick.

Edited by Ceeg
That's probably easier to do when your monitor looks and talks like Delphine, though. Just sayin.

Ha, very true! And to be honest, I think it's a little easier to accept that someone new in your life like Delphine is your monitor than to think that your husband or best friend, both of whom you have known and loved for a long time, have been deceiving you for years.

ITA that Cosima is so positive, rational, and relaxed compared to the other clones. I suppose that's my non-shallow reason for liking her. Hopefully being sick won't take away her sunny attitude.

• Love 1

Most likely she is myopic/near-sighted. While myopia can be traced to family history, it is also developed by close detailed work such as staring at computer screens and reading intensely. I have a feeling that Cosima, like me, spent many hours in front of the computer and reading books as a kid and teenager.

(edited)

You can totally wreck your God-given 20/20 through reading & computer use.  That's what happened to mine.

ETA:  I feel like you should get bonus points for asking about her eyesight and not her sexuality, though.  :)

Edited by bravelittletoaster
  • Love 3

I really started to like Cosima the second half of season 3. Before those episodes, she was actually my least favorite clone. As cute as she is, Cosima always seemed underdeveloped and a little boring. Her scenes were some of the only times I felt I was watching Tatiana act, rather than watching a distinct character (and forgetting that Tatiana was playing her, too).  I don't know if that's a product of the writing for Cosima or if Tatiana herself feels like she knows Cosima better.