Type keyword(s) to search

Worst Roommate Ever - General Discussion

• Start Topic

Just finished this series. All the stories were pretty crazy. 

I think Dorothea had help killing all those people and burying them in the back yard. I wonder why they didn’t arrest anyone for accessory to murder after the fact? Did they not have proof that she had assistance? Or did the tenants mental issues play a part in the police not pursuing that angle? There’s just no way she murdered several people wrapped them up in her living room to bury them without her housemates knowing more or even participating in burying the bodies. Also, did none of her neighbors smell dead bodies rotting in the backyard? The properties were pretty close together. 

The story of Maribel was heartbreaking. Her 911 call to report her roommate threatening to kill her was very sad. She was obviously terrified. I don’t understand why she didn’t leave the home being that she was so scared. Though her sister claimed there was nothing between Maribel and the roommate I do wonder if they did have some sort of sexual relationship and he became obsessed. Some of the pictures they took together were a little strange and looked like more than just friendship was going on. Perhaps that’s why she wouldn’t leave the home even though she feared her life was in danger. She may have genuinely cared for him and was hoping things would turn out okay despite her fear. I also question the closeness she had with her sister. I don’t believe there were any pictures shown of them together. But there were pictures of her with her teenage niece. This could also be why she didn’t leave the home because she had nowhere to go. Very sad story.  

The guy who was faking being Pakistani was the Tinder Swindler all over again. The only difference is his marks seemed to be mostly platonic, and he tried to kill the young woman whom he was due to pay back the money he’d borrowed. Thank goodness she survived. I have no doubt though if the  Tinder Swindler got pushed into a corner he’d resort to the same methods. It’s scary that this guy is still out there free after attempting to kill someone.

The last case was pretty crazy. Jamison was nuts! How you gone make a living moving into people’s homes and apartments and squatting, then becoming enraged when they ask you to leave due to not paying rent? Crazy. SMH. I do think some of the victims in this case were desperate to have someone help with rent etc and thus logic and suspicion went out the window. This was specifically evident with the woman who was trying to keep from losing her home because she couldn’t afford the mortgage alone.

I think there was more to the story from the lady who dated him but continued to live with him for 4 years after learning he was crazy and breaking up with him. She claimed she stayed because she didn’t want to put out the landlord. Sounds thin to me. Don’t know if much of that time they were off and on or what. But I do not believe she continued to live in what she described as a horrible situation simply out of loyalty to the landlord. 

I liked Alex, who threw the Wu-Tang, rock and roll, weed party to get him out. That was extremely risky but thankfully she escaped that situation with her life considering what he did to his brother. 

I wonder if they’ll add more episodes? I’m sure there are a lot more stories out there about people having to deal with dangerous and/or deadly roommates.

• Useful 1
  • Love 6

Jamison's story was horrifying.  He kind of reminded me of Dirty John in a way?  Like a person who lives only to make others frightened and miserable!

17 hours ago, Enero said:

But I do not believe she continued to live in what she described as a horrible situation simply out of loyalty to the landlord. 

The landlord seemed like a cool guy and all but I would not put him above getting myself out of a grave situation.  I know the law is tricky but I would think a landlord would have a more direct route to eviction than another tenant in the apartment.  Maybe she didn't have any savings but another option could have been to pay out as much as you could to the landlord in advance, apologize, and leave.  I couldn't believe that Jamison had her arrested and thrown in jail for attacking him with a knife?  It seemed the case even made it through to her subsequently being charged.  You mean all it takes is one person's accusation, with no witnesses and no evidence, to make a charge stick??? I think the biggest heartbreak in the story was that he took her cats.    

Alex seemed a little off?  While her Mom seemed sharp as a tack.  It seemed like maybe her Mom still had to look out for her?  I am sorry, I can't wrap my head around any single woman (especially young), choosing a grown man as a roommate instead of another young, single woman.  She wouldn't give Jamison the address to her apartment, but immediately upon meeting him, she takes him over there, alone, and then lets him move in right then?  That was just so stupid on multiple levels.  I did like how she turned the tables on him with the party, but she could have ended up dead.

I loved the lady with her dream condo and I was so sad that she lost it.  I was amazed to learn that you can put a tent up in your living room and find a renter??!

• Love 5
9 hours ago, Kiki620 said:

Alex seemed a little off?  While her Mom seemed sharp as a tack.  It seemed like maybe her Mom still had to look out for her?  I am sorry, I can't wrap my head around any single woman (especially young), choosing a grown man as a roommate instead of another young, single woman.  She wouldn't give Jamison the address to her apartment, but immediately upon meeting him, she takes him over there, alone, and then lets him move in right then?  That was just so stupid on multiple levels.  I did like how she turned the tables on him with the party, but she could have ended up dead.

I agree. Alex did seem like she needed a lot of help. I also couldn’t believe she threw the party and afterwards all her friends and family (mother) left her alone with Jamison. That could’ve turned out very badly and almost did when he tried to strangle her to death. Someone should’ve continued to stay there with her after she’d obviously irritated him to the point of threats. 

I also agree about women taking in grown men who they don’t know as roommates. That was baffling to me. Yes women can turn into roommates from hell too. See the still pending case of the Clark Atlanta student who was sexually assaulted by her roommate’s boyfriend ( a roommate whom she thought was her friend for years) then later murdered by both. But a single woman probably has a better chance of things turning out okay with another woman as a roommate than a man. 

I do think that all the women who roomed with Jamison were very naive ot just made poor decisions in general in taking him in as a roommate. Thank goodness they all escaped with only a couple of pets stolen, bad credit and/or minor physical injuries. All of which are horrible things to endure but they got out with their lives which is most important considering how unstable he was.

• Useful 1
  • Love 3

This show really gave me chills, I lived with roommates early in my twenties, and I shudder to think what can happen. It’s horrible, don’t ever have a roommate unless you’re really great friends (and even that can go bad). Jamison was truly a psycho, what a heinous person. 

• Love 5
On 3/8/2022 at 8:39 AM, Enero said:

The guy who was faking being Pakistani was the Tinder Swindler all over again. The only difference is his marks seemed to be mostly platonic, and he tried to kill the young woman whom he was due to pay back the money he’d borrowed. Thank goodness she survived. I have no doubt though if the  Tinder Swindler got pushed into a corner he’d resort to the same methods. It’s scary that this guy is still out there free after attempting to kill someone.

He was Lebanese and pretended to be Palestinian. 

On 3/9/2022 at 2:46 AM, Kiki620 said:

Jamison's story was horrifying.  He kind of reminded me of Dirty John in a way?  Like a person who lives only to make others frightened and miserable!

The landlord seemed like a cool guy and all but I would not put him above getting myself out of a grave situation.  I know the law is tricky but I would think a landlord would have a more direct route to eviction than another tenant in the apartment.  Maybe she didn't have any savings but another option could have been to pay out as much as you could to the landlord in advance, apologize, and leave.  I couldn't believe that Jamison had her arrested and thrown in jail for attacking him with a knife?  It seemed the case even made it through to her subsequently being charged.  You mean all it takes is one person's accusation, with no witnesses and no evidence, to make a charge stick??? I think the biggest heartbreak in the story was that he took her cats.    

It wasn't just that he made up the story about the knife but she also broke the order of protection. He filed first and just going to her apartment after it was filed would have led to an arrest (to my understanding). 

I thought the final story was the most interesting. Jamison was clearly dangerous and I would not have played with fire like Alex did. She is extremely lucky she is still alive. 

• Love 1
On 3/7/2022 at 6:39 PM, Enero said:

think there was more to the story from the lady who dated him but continued to live with him for 4 years after learning he was crazy and breaking up with him. She claimed she stayed because she didn’t want to put out the landlord. Sounds thin to me.

100% agree. Her story seemed really fishy to me. 4 years?!? And then to not arrange for a way to rescue your animals from a man who was clearly off? That angered me tbh. Her story was the least sympathetic out of the 3. And the fact that millennial Alex didn’t even google this man and left it up to her Boomer mother. I mean - c’mon. Really? I would have given her a little latitude if this happened in the pre or early internet age. But not now. Her mom seemed like a sharp cookie. But like the other poster - I cannot believe they collectively antagonized an obviously unhinged man and then just peaced out leaving her alone with him. WTAF? A lot of really bad choices all around in this story. Can’t wait to watch the others.

• Love 4