Type keyword(s) to search

Roadrunner: A Film About Anthony Bourdain - General Discussion

• Start Topic

A 2021 American documentary film directed and produced by Morgan Neville. It follows the life and career of celebrity chef Anthony Bourdain.

Premiering on CNN on Sunday, March 6 at 9pm ET

Ironically, this got preempted on CNN for breaking news. I don’t know when they plan to show again and it’s not on streaming yet except as a rental or purchase

• Love 1

Quite good and yes, sad. Bourdain certainly seemed like a depressive sort most of his life and it seemed like just a matter of time before he took his life (assuming he didn’t make any attempts when he was younger). I got the feeling towards the end of his series that he was giving off vibes that he didn’t really want to do the show anymore but watching the doc, that seemed like his usual demeanor. It was sad how much his suicide affected others around him and it’s hard to say if they could have seen enough to stop him and get him help

• Love 1

I was a little surprised by some of Tony’s behavior.  It seemed he could turn cold pretty quick.  Now No one is perfect, but I sort of wish I hadn’t seen the film.  

Edited by SunnyBeBe
  • Love 1