Type keyword(s) to search

S01.E07: Chronic Insult

formerlyfreedom
  • Start Topic

Sam deals with the fallout following her actions at the hospital fundraising gala, and Griff returns to the OR for the first time since his shooting to perform a bypass surgery. Also, Malcolm's estranged mother, hospital board chairwoman Tina Kingsley, arrives in town.

Airing Wednesday, March 2, 2022.

Wow. I seem to be the only one who watched, and I just got done with it (watched on streaming). 

I didn't mind this one. For anyone who did watch, did this episode ever tell us what actually is wrong with Griff? Is it natural, or is it an effect from his gunshot/coma?

And I know that if they get an outside chief, that chief will be evil. EVIL!!!!!!!

The writing on this show is all over the place.  Everyone screws her over, so she decides she has to go 'fix' it?  It's like every week they rewrite the characters.

Lovely to see Victoria Rowell, who is looking fabulous in her sixties. And her character may be the only one on the show that like besides Sam's ex.

On 3/4/2022 at 9:04 PM, jabRI said:

Everyone screws her over, so she decides she has to go 'fix' it?

That's what bothers me so much, that if it's possible for an inanimate object to b e abusive.  The writing is telling Sam that when others do her wrong (Griff bullying her, refusing to listen to her and acting like she is his subordinate, Lex blaming her and refusing to listen to her, Malcolm telling her that she shouldn't have called his mother when that is exactly what she should be doing to keep her job) and making Sam apologize and grovel to everyone who did her wrong.

Sam spent the episode being servile to everyone she should have been a Chief to.seriously, afraid to get into the elevator with Malcolm because she thinks she's offended him?  Griff would have pushed Malcolm out the door and gone down alone if he didn't want to share.

Sam's relationship with Griff is badly dysfunctional.

On 3/3/2022 at 1:00 PM, historylover820 said:

For anyone who did watch, did this episode ever tell us what actually is wrong with Griff? Is it natural, or is it an effect from his gunshot/coma?

Narcissistic personality disorder. Possibly also Anti Social personality disorder.

If you mean the dropping and other problems, they left if as a cliff-hanger. It's the Plot Contrivance Fairy to keep Griff out of the chief job even though Sam stepped back.

• LOL 1
  • Love 3

Shows like this are why people don't understand the health care system when they finally have to use it. The technical advisor must be a first year dropout.

Nothing happens this quickly in the real world.  Top of the UNOS list and viable organ found for a heart transplant in the same day?  Sure!

• Love 4
On 3/3/2022 at 1:00 PM, historylover820 said:

Wow. I seem to be the only one who watched, and I just got done with it (watched on streaming). 

I didn't mind this one. For anyone who did watch, did this episode ever tell us what actually is wrong with Griff? Is it natural, or is it an effect from his gunshot/coma?

And I know that if they get an outside chief, that chief will be evil. EVIL!!!!!!!

I'm no longer watching.  Looked back for a laugh.

It did seem, before i stopped watching, inevitable the only out this show had was shoving both their faces in it and neither of them getting the job (which neither deserves).