Type keyword(s) to search

S04.E09: Got Your Money

jewel21
  • Start Topic

With Spencer, Jordan, Asher and JJ living it up at JJ's rented summer beach house, Spencer is trying to have fun, but he is conflicted when it comes to sponsorship opportunities he is presented. Coop and Patience take a big step in their relationship, but things don't go as smoothly as they had anticipated, and Olivia offers to help. Layla's dad give her a touching graduation gift that brings up a lot of emotions she wasn't expecting. Meanwhile, Laura is at her wits end and steps in to help Billy.

Airdate: 02/28/2022

(edited)

What a surprise that Spencer would turn down the drink deal and go back to the gym.  That was possibly the least dramatic plot development they've had.  I was confused for a while because I thought the ex-football guy was James Lafferty of One Tree Hill.  Even though he was the youngest original cast member on that show, he'd be kind of old to be playing a guy in his twenties (even compared to the others playing teens on this show).  Asher's storyline is all over the place.  I didn't need him whining about not getting paid much when it was his idea to pay back Jacob for his tuition.

Clay seems nice, and I hope that he and Layla getting together means she won't get together with Jordan when he and Simone inevitably blow up. 

So are Billy and Laura going to stay at G.W.'s house now that he's gone?  Otherwise there wouldn't be much room for Coop and Patience at the Baker house and no point to Olivia asking them to move in five minutes earlier.  That was hilarious when Coop said she'd marry the man who invented air conditioning, then doubled down with "I said it!" when Patience questioned her.

ETA: IMDb has more cast now, and apparently it WAS James Lafferty.  He really isn't too much older than Bre-Z, I guess.  Plus, the ex-football guy parties all the time, so they could get someone older.  But when Spencer was complaining about the volleyball guys being 15 years older than them, it was like the writers got confused between the actors' and characters' ages.  There's no way the volleyball guys were only around 35.

Edited by KWalkerInc
James Lafferty was the guy I thought was James Lafferty.
On 3/1/2022 at 12:24 AM, KWalkerInc said:

So are Billy and Laura going to stay at G.W.'s house now that he's gone?  Otherwise there wouldn't be much room for Coop and Patience at the Baker house and no point to Olivia asking them to move in five minutes earlier. 

Why would B & L stay at G.W.'s if he wasn't there? I think there would be plenty of room at the Baker house even if B & L are there & they would absolutely welcome Patience & Coop to live there as long as they want.

Yikes to that place that Patience & Coop first rented & glad Olivia could help them out. 

It just seemed like they were leading to some new storyline about Billy and Laura and the house.  I think G.W. said not to sell it, but that could have been just to show that he could come back, so maybe it didn't mean anything at all.

I'm sure Patience and Coop will stay at the Baker house.  I'm just not sure how many rooms there are or if Jordan is still living there after the summer at the beach house or going to a dorm or another apartment.