Type keyword(s) to search

S04.E13: OK Not To Be OK

jewel21
  • Start Topic

Jazz resumes therapy after a series of setbacks, causing her to grapple with cultural and personal perceptions surrounding mental health. Ana and Aaron innocently reconnect over their past, which makes Zoey and Vivek spin out.

Airdate: 02/17/2022

I think the show forgot that Vivek is supposed to be Indian, and not Hispanic/Latino? They had him call Ana "Bonboncita" several times and comment "in my language that means little candy." But Spanish is NOT his language on the show. I can fanwank that in the dream he was speaking spanish because it was ana's dream. But the actor is half-Filipino, and the character is Indian-descent with Indian-from-India parents. Unless I misunderstood and he was being creepy and said "in OUR language," meaning his and Ana's?

• Love 1

also, I don't like that they seem to be setting up a love triangle* between Doug, Jas, and Kiara. I understood Doug being vague about visiting his "friend" that was having a tough time, bc he didn't want to upset K or cause jealousy, but then to reject her desire to be exclusive seemed out of character unless he was thinking of trying to get back together with Jas. 

*or would this be a love square, with Doug, Jas, Des, and Kiara all in the mix?

Edited by ctmd
2 hours ago, ctmd said:

I think the show forgot that Vivek is supposed to be Indian, and not Hispanic/Latino? They had him call Ana "Bonboncita" several times and comment "in my language that means little candy." But Spanish is NOT his language on the show. I can fanwank that in the dream he was speaking spanish because it was ana's dream. But the actor is half-Filipino, and the character is Indian-descent with Indian-from-India parents. Unless I misunderstood and he was being creepy and said "in OUR language," meaning his and Ana's?

I would have to re-watch but I thought he said in "her" language meaning he learned Spanish for her, but I could be wrong.

• Love 1
On 2/19/2022 at 12:58 PM, TigerLily20 said:

I would have to re-watch but I thought he said in "her" language meaning he learned Spanish for her, but I could be wrong.

He definitely said "her" language, and him speaking Spanish later was a dream sequence. Oh Ana, she caught the bug. 

The episode itself was alright, probably because Zoey and Aaron and their drama was on the backburner and there was no sign of Luca.