Type keyword(s) to search

S01.E04 El Regalo

• Start Topic

I will say Bellamy Y is settling in nicely in what can be best described as 2020s answer to Alexis Colby.  I hope more layers are added to Margaret..such as her wanting to make things up to Carmen.  

Also interested to see what the person trailing Veronica's hubby finds out.  I bet he has eyes for Carmen so he will behave on his trip.

I'm curious to find out where Lety's sister is in modern day.  Is she alive? Dead?

And I like the little twists at the end of each episode.  Unlike Queens, this show isn't burning through plotlines so quickly.

• Love 5
5 hours ago, JAYJAY1979 said:

I will say Bellamy Y is settling in nicely in what can be best described as 2020s answer to Alexis Colby.  I hope more layers are added to Margaret..such as her wanting to make things up to Carmen.  

I think Margaret and Lettie are rising to the top of what is interesting about this show.  Unfortunately, the other stuff is getting less interesting to me as it goes on. 

Unfortunately, this show won't get a second season to recenter the storytelling around those two.

I like this show (some parts more than others) and I wish it had more time, but that's obviously not going to happen now and the show won't find another home beyond ABC.

Can't say I'm surprised by the Margaret reveal at the end of this episode.  But I'd like it if the series would end with something crazy like Billy ultimately pulling all of the puppet strings.  He's the one who made sure Margaret found out he's a priest in the first place, and he's been playing her the whole time.  He's deceiving everyone so he can take control of Heritage House.  Since he left his family however many years ago, he got sober and fell in love with the illegitimate adult daughter of Father Honeycutt (Margaret's dad).  Mr. Honeycutt impregnated a female field worker (of course) and would not claim the child as his own.  Billy will share Heritage House with her and Mateo.  (Billy, possibly with the illegitimate daughter, is also responsible for Mr. Honeycutt's mysterious death.)

He's also seeking to avenge Lettie's sister, Rosa, whose eventual death Billy blames on Joe and Lettie.  Billy was in love with Rosa before he married Lettie.  So not only does Billy get to claim Heritage House for himself, his current lady, and his son, he gets to take it away from the people he once loved more than anything but now despises more than anything, in the name of his past love.

And Veronica's husband has been sneaking away all the time and spending money because he's playing high-stakes Magic the Gathering.

• Love 1
16 minutes ago, ChattyCathyLA said:

So … who else is pissed that this show has moved to Hulu … or is it Netflicks?  UGH!  Who does that at the beginning of the season?  

It moved to Hulu because the ratings were atrocious on ABC.  In pre-streaming, the show would just be pulled from the schedule and the last 5 eps of the season wouldn't air.

It's not Hulu vs. ABC.  It's Hulu vs. having no opportunity to see them.

• Useful 1
  • Love 2