Type keyword(s) to search

S02.E10: Love & War

• Start Topic

Up until the point where we say former NYPD-officer now-DEA Agent Blanca Rodriguez, this gave me series finale vibes. It felt like it was tying up all the plots and storylines from seasons 1 and 2 and then we see Blanca.

Dru and that awkward “Have a good practice!” to Everett cracked me up.

Poor Zeke.

I guess Monet is the new Ghost. She can get in, kill someone, and just vanish… like a Ghost.

Edited by AntFTW
  • Love 3

At Mecca's apartment, what prevented Monet from shooting Tariq to show the police it was Mecca and Tariq shooting each other? It would have been a perfect setup. The kid has incredible plot armor.

See ya Mecca! If only you could have sensed Nae Nae was never in love with you at any time this season....... your dumbass could be alive and thriving today! With a gun to his head he still thought they were perfect for each other. Good riddance you fool!

So the doorman or any building worker didn't tell the police Monet was in the apartment too or see her and Tariq walk out? Such a terrible building to have bad security that anyone can scrub the video or don't have any backup! They must charge enormous rent to just provide horrible service. Did Monet give the doorman a boatload of cash to keep quiet?

Why did the lady cop say the photo was "grainy" when Tariq's face is easily seen and she can run a facial recognition? That cop should have had Tariq's name mentioned before showing Blanca the picture.

Not sure why Mecca couldn't send one of his assassins to kill Lorenzo and not suggest Cane to Monet. They introduced a female assassin on his team a few episodes back, where was she in this episode?

Talking to Monet, Cane wasn't sure to kill his father but once he heard Tariq did it, he gained the confidence "Tariq can do it, well shit! So can I".

So Tariq waited until the very last moment to tell Cane he is not going to kill his father. Seems like something he should have told him in the car.

Mecca is a federal informant and they let him get away with all this criminal activity? He called Blanca to say his cover was blown. Who was he snitching on? Maybe it was Monet. I doubt it was Lorenzo, as he was in jail when all this started. It wasn't Tariq. Who?

I'll miss Zeke and his dumb facial expressions. He had some good ones this episode.
Damn. Stanfield got some campus vigils to hold. Carrie's has to be postponed for now.

For all of Lorenzo "street smarts", why wouldn't he make sure he got the right person. He just shoots the person in the back. At least, call out "Mecca" and see his face before shooting. Zeke is tall and Mecca is short. Lorenzo should know this. Rage got the best of him.

Not sure how Monet will ever find out Lorenzo killed Zeke. Even Diana can't reveal this to her.

I will blame Zeke's death on Diana. She was told to not look in the bag. Had she done so, she wouldn't have told Lorenzo and he would not have gone to the hanger. That's 3 on Diana.

So Lauren is killed in a "car accident"? Someone else had to have helped Effie pull this off. If it was the same car Effie drove to the woods, how did she get back to the dorm? Was the car on auto drive to crash or did Lauren drive a car with no brakes, sped and crashed?  Did the police conduct a thorough investigation and autopsy? 

Tariq will have to find out it was Effie who killed her after Brayden's guilty conscious gets to him. So maybe Diana will end up with Tariq.

Isn't Tasha in Arizona? If so, Tariq flew a long way and got back to NYC in time to go with Cane.
Was Tasha/Vanessa writing her memoir? 

Poor Marshal Smith (the last to know) wasn't informed Tamekia and Yaz were arriving and told Tasha to grab a bag and run, yet other Marshals knew the agenda. Some witness protection program they are running. Who does Tamekia work for? That agent moved quick when she told him to get the bags.

Poor Yaz has to remember a new name, birth date and must tell anyone who ask she wants a "Cocker spaniel" instead of a brother and sister. Did Tamekia instruct her who is her favorite sports team, tv show and movie?

Didn't Tamekia tell Tasha she has to move again immediately but later we see Vanessa and Olivia were sitting having dinner in the cabin. What time are the movers coming?
Tariq is different from Ghost, he didn't write his mom a nasty note like the one he got in jail.

I hope Tameika got paid well. Seems she did all this for free.

If Tariq ends up being a lawyer. I just might laugh and cry.

Brayden confessed to selling drugs on campus, why isn't the police up his ass? His punishment from his father is to leave school and sit in a cubicle at his father's company. That's showing him pops!

Was Zeke planning on shooting or strangling Monet on the plane or agreeing to leave with them as a family?

Thank goodness we didn't have to see Riley.

So the big winner is Lorenzo. Mecca, Zeke, the BSK traitors are all out of his way and Monet is (somewhat) back.

Surprised Saxe ended up in bed with Sullivan after all this. After the court loss and embarrassment, how does Sullivan still have a job?

Once Saxe mentioned he is going to help Sullivan and see justice is served, he just booked his reservation with "death" next season. After telling Sullivan all the people who have fallen, does he believe he is exempt from being a casualty of Tariq St. Patrick?

Davis was funny in court. He was trying to contain his happiness when he found Sullivan's case was falling apart.

How did Tariq get his dress sock under his ankle monitor?

So Everret had to get a new student ID. Dru didn't even bother return the one he stole. Campus security asked Everret why he went to a "restricted" location on campus. Wouldn't this "restricted" place have cameras to see all the students go there to retrieve their drugs, Tariq and Brayden showing up to supply the drugs to question why they are there or see non-students Dru and Diana walk in to steal the drugs. I swear Stanfield is the worse!

Kamaal got fired from the police because of Rasahd and is still willing to work for him. Not too long ago he was honored for making detective. He should have said "FU" and stepped-up a on a stool to knock him out. Not sure I'm looking forward to his spinoff.

On Youtube, I was listening to Courtney Kemp say she had to delete the scene of how Tariq found out about the picture of Sweeney in Balck face. There is a Weston's maid who told Tariq about it in the yearbook. I think that would have been important to keep in the show for continuity.

Edited by mxc90
  • Love 2

Tariq is the biggest fool if he thinks Effie is the only one he can trust besides his mommy. Wait until he finds out all Effie's been up to behind his back. (I'm still thinking she's undercover.)

Dang, Brayden took the fall for Tariq. Good lookin out, B.

So Effie did kill Lauren. (Or did she? There seems to be a fan theory afloat that Lauren's not dead.) The poor girl was failed by everyone who should've had her back. If only she'd never met Tariq, or if only her parents had sent her far, far away after everything blew up.

Oh no, is this it for Brayden? I'm gonna miss his goofy self.

Tariq giving Cane a pep talk about the nobility of having to murder one's father was bizarre. Tariq killed James mostly to protect himself.

Saxe didn't know Theo Rollins is related to Davis but now he's suspicious. Bad move, Davis. His prison visits to Theo should be easy to track if Saxe starts connecting the dots.

Hmm, where Tasha was hiding didn't look like New Mexico to me. Whatever, finally they did the right thing with her and Yasmine. Yay, Tameika!

Of course Snitchy McSnitchface Diana looked in Mecca's bag, and of course she cherry-picked just the right detail to send Lorenzo off to kill him and Monet.

Lorenzo killed Zeke! Man, these Tejadas are some double-crossing fools. But now what's going to be Tariq's reason to be at Stansfield?

I'll be curious to see if Mary J still has that long red hair at the Super Bowl. 😏

Didn't Tamekia tell Tasha she has to move again immediately but later we see Vanessa and Olivia were sitting having dinner in the cabin. What time are the movers coming?

I think it was supposed to be a different place but the show didn't want to spend the money to have another set for a moment which only lasted a few seconds.

Brayden confessed to selling drugs on campus, why isn't the police up his ass?

In the previous episode Jenny gave him and his brother Trace total immunity from prosecution. They knew Trace would have to admit to crimes he and Brayden committed when he testifed against Tariq.

• Love 2
1 hour ago, mxc90 said:

Why did the lady cop say the photo was "grainy" when Tariq's face is easily seen and she can run a facial recognition? That cop should have had Tariq's name mentioned before showing Blanca the picture.

I thought the same. I was like "that's not a grainy photo at all. You can clearly see that's Tariq."

This is me rationalizing the nonsense so bear with me. Tariq's law enforcement run-ins have been with the NYPD and before that, the FBI and US attorney's office. In the Power universe, the FBI and DEA may not share information.

1 hour ago, mxc90 said:

So Tariq waited until the very last moment to tell Cane he is not going to kill his father. Seems like something he should have told him in the car.

I said the same exact thing. You couldn't tell him this in the car or anytime before he aimed the gun at his father about to pull the trigger??? They spent quite some time talking in the car.

2 hours ago, mxc90 said:

I hope Tameika got paid well. Seems she did all this for free.

She probably would have done it for free if it meant getting Yaz away from Tariq.

2 hours ago, mxc90 said:

Brayden confessed to selling drugs on campus, why isn't the police up his ass? His punishment from his father is to leave school and sit in a cubicle at his father's company. That's showing him pops!

Right! He just confessed in open court to dealing drugs and opening a shell company to hide it. Why is he not being arrested? I'm not sure if we're supposed to assume "white privilege" or what.

2 hours ago, mxc90 said:

Thank goodness we didn't have to see Riley.

🤣🤣🤣

2 hours ago, mxc90 said:

So the big winner is Lorenzo. Meeca, Zeke, the BSK traitors are all out of his way and Monet is (somewhat) back.

My guess is that Monet will eventually find out that Lorenzo shot Zeke. Everyone will find out Diana took a peek in that bag like she wasn't supposed to and that she told Lorenzo about it. I feel like Monet will piece that together.

They like to portray Diana as smart and naive so I wonder if Diana will also piece it together and blame herself for Zeke. Maybe Diana cracks under the guilt and spills the beans. She sucks at keeping secrets.

2 hours ago, mxc90 said:

I swear Stanfield is the worse!

They are definitely losing that Ivy League prestige.

• Love 1
10 minutes ago, Joimiaroxeu said:

In the previous episode Jenny gave him and his brother Trace total immunity from prosecution. They knew Trace would have to admit to crimes he and Brayden committed when he testifed against Tariq.

Feds? For the money laundering? Through their fake company? That he openly admitted in state court?

Edited by AntFTW
  • Useful 1
40 minutes ago, Joimiaroxeu said:

I thought the immunity was only for Ramirez' murder. Anything else, they can go after.

Even the judge was trying to tell him "STFU!" Just answer the questions you are being asked.

41 minutes ago, AntFTW said:

I thought the same. I was like "that's not a grainy photo at all. You can clearly see that's Tariq."

This is me rationalizing the nonsense so bear with me. Tariq's law enforcement run-ins have been with the NYPD and before that, the FBI and US attorney's office. In the Power universe, the FBI and DEA may not share information.

I had to look back, the cop who said it was "grainy" was NYPD. They have Tariq's mugshot. She's not good at her job. 

43 minutes ago, AntFTW said:

I said the same exact thing. You couldn't tell him this in the car or anytime before he aimed the gun at his father about to pull the trigger??? They spent quite some time talking in the car.

Also from the car conversation, what did Cane say that made Tariq quickly believe he didn't have anything to do with Lauren's death? 

45 minutes ago, AntFTW said:

She probably would have done it for free if it meant getting Yaz away from Tariq.

If I'm Tamekia, I'm telling Tariq: "I will be changing my name too. Don't try to call me ever again".

46 minutes ago, AntFTW said:

My guess is that Monet will eventually find out that Lorenzo shot Zeke. Everyone will find out Diana took a peek in that bag like she wasn't supposed to and that she told Lorenzo about it. I feel like Monet will piece that together.

They like to portray Diana as smart and naive so I wonder if Diana will also piece it together and blame herself for Zeke. Maybe Diana cracks under the guilt and spills the beans. She sucks at keeping secrets.

Yes. Diana will run into the pilot at the supermarket checkout line, she will mention Zeke and he will say he saw a baldheaded dude running from the scene. Diana will piece it all together (remembering Lorenzo left the house) before paying.

Or Whitman will have traffic cam of Lorenzo driving away. Also, Lorenzo put his fingerprints on the Zeke's car door when he opened it seeing if anyone was in there. 

52 minutes ago, AntFTW said:

They are definitely losing that Ivy League prestige.

I thought they were in the BUSH league?!

1 hour ago, Joimiaroxeu said:

I think it was supposed to be a different place but the show didn't want to spend the money to have another set for a moment which only lasted a few seconds.

It looked the same or they just moved down the street.

50 minutes ago, mxc90 said:

I thought the immunity was only for Ramirez' murder. Anything else, they can go after.

They didn't exactly specify what crimes they would provide immunity for. The Westons' lawyer said "total immunity" so I assume that meant any crimes they admit in their testimony.

Also, could Monet and Cane talk in a more public place about murder and "secretly" passing a gun?

Edited by AntFTW
  • Useful 1

No, it was for whatever crimes they had to admit to in the course of incriminating Tariq. But a good point I think was made upthread that the immunity likely didn't include federal crimes because that would've been outside of Jenny's jurisdiction. It appears the show just handwaved that aspect away unless the DEA now looking into Tariq's involvement in Mecca's death will pull in Brayden too.

Even the judge was trying to tell him "STFU!" Just answer the questions you are being asked.

I think the judge realized Brayden was in the process of ruining the prosecutor's case by confessing to things he wasn't asked about on the witness stand. If Brayden had just stuck to the questions Jenny asked he wouldn't have been able steer things away from Tariq.

• Useful 1
Just now, Joimiaroxeu said:

It appears the show just handwaved that aspect away unless the DEA now looking into Tariq's involvement in Mecca's death will pull in Brayden too.

I somehow get the feeling that this may have been Brayden's exit from the show.

1 hour ago, mxc90 said:

8 minutes ago, Joimiaroxeu said:

I think the judge realized Brayden was in the process of ruining the prosecutor's case by confessing to things he wasn't asked about on the witness stand. If Brayden had just stuck to the questions Jenny asked he wouldn't have been able steer things away from Tariq.

Well, the judge intervened at the urging of the prosecutor. Jenny wanted to contain her witness.

On 2/6/2022 at 10:46 AM, mxc90 said:

Poor Marshal Smith (the last to know) wasn't informed Tamekia and Yaz were arriving and told Tasha to grab a bag and run, yet other Marshals knew the agenda. Some witness protection program they are running. Who does Tamekia work for? That agent moved quick when she told him to get the bags.

She says she pulled a lot of strings to make that family reunion happen so I’m guessing she still has some pull in the DOJ or some friends that owe her several favors.

Edited by AntFTW
4 hours ago, Joimiaroxeu said:

No, it was for whatever crimes they had to admit to in the course of incriminating Tariq. But a good point I think was made upthread that the immunity likely didn't include federal crimes because that would've been outside of Jenny's jurisdiction. It appears the show just handwaved that aspect away unless the DEA now looking into Tariq's involvement in Mecca's death will pull in Brayden too.

5 hours ago, AntFTW said:

They didn't exactly specify what crimes they would provide immunity for. The Westons' lawyer said "total immunity" so I assume that meant any crimes they admit in their testimony.

Also, could Monet and Cane talk in a more public place about murder and "secretly" passing a gun?

I understand now.

Would be funny if Brayden just admitted to many crimes and just skipped out off the court room, waving bye to Sullivan.

I thought that too about Cane and Monet. Why not just sit in the SUV to talk and exchange.

4 hours ago, AntFTW said:

I somehow get the feeling that this may have been Brayden's exit from the show.

Unless the actor has another job, I feel he'll be back. He has unfinished business with Tariq about Lauren. I would be surprised if he's a student at Stanfield again. 

14 minutes ago, AntFTW said:

She says she pulled a lot of strings to make that family reunion so I’m guessing she still has some pull in the DOJ or some friends that owe her several favors.

That's some serious favors. 

Does Yasmine loose her inheritance with this new arrangement?

• Love 1
1 minute ago, mxc90 said:

Would be funny if Brayden just admitted to many crimes and just skipped out off the court room, waving bye to Sullivan.

Jenny Sullivan seems to be the most reputable prosecutor they've introduced in the entire Power universe. In some way or another, all of the other prosecutors were fucked up. I feel they made Jenny into this no-nonsense prosecutor that would have definitely referred Brayden's testimony to the US attorney's office.

• Love 1
2 hours ago, mxc90 said:

Does Yasmine loose her inheritance with this new arrangement?

No. WITSEC will transfer all legally obtained funds to your new name. She will probably have to wait until she’s of age to get most of it though. 

• Useful 1
  • Love 1
13 hours ago, AntFTW said:

Poor Zeke.

Yes. Zeke was INNOCENT (like Raina). Things won’t be right between Monet and Lorenzo when I’m sure she learns that he’s the one who shot him. 

I think we will have a flash forward next season. 

• Love 1

Jenny Sullivan seems to be the most reputable prosecutor they've introduced in the entire Power universe.

Heh, except for the part where she was sleeping with one of the defense attorneys in a case she was prosecuting. Saxe must be a hard habit to break.

Sure hope so. I'm tired of the college stuff unless they're going to move Tariq up to his senior year. Then there could be all this drama about whether or not he'll get to graduate.

4 minutes ago, Joimiaroxeu said:

Sure hope so. I'm tired of the college stuff unless they're going to move Tariq up to his senior year. Then there could be all this drama about whether or not he'll get to graduate.

I actually like the college stuff. I thought Course Correct was a pretty good idea, and it gave us a different environment for the storytelling rather than the streets. 

• Love 1
13 hours ago, AntFTW said:

Jenny Sullivan seems to be the most reputable prosecutor they've introduced in the entire Power universe. In some way or another, all of the other prosecutors were fucked up. I feel they made Jenny into this no-nonsense prosecutor that would have definitely referred Brayden's testimony to the US attorney's office.

Jenny is trying but she needs a win badly.

She failed against Tasha last season and now with Tariq.

• Love 2
11 hours ago, Scarlett45 said:

Yes. Zeke was INNOCENT (like Raina). Things won’t be right between Monet and Lorenzo when I’m sure she learns that he’s the one who shot him. 

Monet will do anything for her babies, even the ungrateful and disrespectful ones.

The detective didn’t say that Zeke was shot but only that he was dead. Obviously, Monet will find out that Zeke was shot. She will go through any lengths to find out who pulled the trigger. She will want revenge and will want to be the one to pull the trigger on Zeke’s killer.

• Love 1

I know texting and phone calls are a tool the writers use to tell the story and move it forward but... doesn't Tariq have access to HBOMax and the show The Wire?  Maybe he can see just how really really dumb it is to be discussing your criminal acts on your phone in real time.

I love Saxe so seeing him want to do the right thing makes me sad.  Poor bastard is doomed.

However my death pool for next season actually starts with Diana.  We know Diana wants Tariq.  But Effie lets no girl get in her way.  Just ask Lauren.  Oh.  I'm sure it will be just to protect Tariq and won't involve any fatal attraction vibe.  Never.

Tariq wiped the tapes?  That would have been a great idea back in the 90s when security systems recorded to video tapes.  But I have a slight hunch that Mecca's state of the art security system recorded everything to a hard drives and not old school VHS tapes.  So all those "wiped" drives will have recordings recoverable with forensic data recovery.

Big winner of the episode was Yasmin.  She got away from the guy who always has everyone around him die.  She may actually live and be able to start her own criminal enterprise with Elisa Marie in Power: Book 11!

• LOL 1
  • Love 2
4 hours ago, Taget said:

Big winner of the episode was Yasmin.  She got away from the guy who always has everyone around him die.  She may actually live and be able to start her own criminal enterprise with Elisa Marie in Power: Book 11!

This is golden. I love!

Paul Rudd Snl GIF by Saturday Night Live

• LOL 1