Type keyword(s) to search

• Start Topic

2 hours ago, PrincessPurrsALot said:

It is a great stadium.  I love the gold helmets.  

The NBC announcer kept speaking over the color commentator who actually had some interesting things to say.  I wonder if they weren't in the same location. 

I'm catching the replay now, and there was definitely something weird going on with the announcing. They were absolutely talking over each other, and often not even about the same thing. And there was no "excuse me, didn't mean to cut you off" or anything. It's like they weren't even commentating at the same time, but were two different feeds spliced together, badly.

I didn't notice that at all with the women's ski jumping yesterday.

Edited by tracyscott76
2 hours ago, tracyscott76 said:

I'm catching the replay now, and there was definitely something weird going on with the announcing. They were absolutely talking over each other, and often not even about the same thing. And there was no "excuse me, didn't mean to cut you off" or anything. It's like they weren't even commentating at the same time, but were two different feeds spliced together, badly.

I didn't notice that at all with the women's ski jumping yesterday.

I noticed this, too! It was like they were in different studios, with no way of hearing each other, both commentating on things at the same time. It was weird.

• Love 1

I'm sorry if this isn't the ski jump course. But I think it was as the "big air" was happening on it. It is a nice looking course. However, my husband walked into the room as I was watching it and asked about the nuclear power plants. From then on I couldn't not see them, just there in the background. So every time the USA announcer said how pretty it was, it took me out of it.

• Love 1
15 minutes ago, blueray said:

I'm sorry if this isn't the ski jump course. But I think it was as the "big air" was happening on it. It is a nice looking course. However, my husband walked into the room as I was watching it and asked about the nuclear power plants. From then on I couldn't not see them, just there in the background. So every time the USA announcer said how pretty it was, it took me out of it.

Those are cooling towers, used in many industries, not just nuclear power. The location used to be a steel mill.

• Love 1