Type keyword(s) to search

S01.E10: Just Desserts

• Start Topic

Bid Week at the Gracities finds Angela as close as ever to getting everything she wants. Meanwhile, Teddy confronts Leah, as she questions her mother about what happened the night Eve was arrested and Raymond is desperate to get Jack’s Darmon shares away from Teddy and cover for Olivia with the police. Then, Piggy comes clean to Tyrique about his father.

Airdate: Jan. 11, 2021

Yeah, so this show is reminding me why I don't like soap operas. Was really tempted to just quit 20 minutes in, but let me try and finish this series since I'm pretty sure it's not getting another season.

A bake-off to get into the fancy women's club -- really?

The Raymond/Tyrique alliance was probably the most interesting thing here. I thought for sure Piggy wasn't going to make it to that police station alive, so they surprised me there.

Best outfits: Leah's dress and blazer when she visited her mother; Olivia's jacket; and and Tyrique's green suit at the Gracities party. [Wish I could find the promo pics in hi-def to do a proper fashion rundown]

• Love 1

Thought Angela's white dress at that daytime event was very inappropriate.  Who wears something cut that low with a thigh high slit to a daytime social event.  She really doesn't fit in with that group.

• Love 1
13 hours ago, Trini said:

A bake-off to get into the fancy women's club -- really?

Right?  And the rose water/coconut oil/honey pound cake sounded dry as hell.  But I'm a southern black woman - I've never had a (decent) pound cake without butter.  And that's not counting the standard flour, eggs, sugar.  

7 hours ago, cameron said:

Thought Angela's white dress at that daytime event was very inappropriate.  Who wears something cut that low with a thigh high slit to a daytime social event.  She really doesn't fit in with that group.

Plus the fit was terrible.     

13 hours ago, Trini said:

Best outfits: Leah's dress and blazer when she visited her mother; Olivia's jacket; and and Tyrique's green suit at the Gracities party. [Wish I could find the promo pics in hi-def to do a proper fashion rundown]

The fashion was all around lackluster for me.  I think the only outfit I liked was Leah's dress at the daytime event.  

In other news, I noticed the alternative episode titles this time around - Just Desserts vs Freedom ain't Free

Lance Gross is delicious, but I still side-eyed Tyrique showing up at Angela's home expecting them to pick up where they left off.  The Tyrique/Raymond alliance might be interesting, but Raymond is also more like Teddy than he wants to admit.  Willing to use whoever to get his company back.   

I assume we won't see much of Debbi Morgan anymore.  I wish Angela would have listened to Piggy about playing it cool regarding Teddy. 

• Love 2

Angela keeps coming across as unhinged in public. Not sure why she expects everyone to be tolerant of her volatile behavior, especially these self-designated elite people for whom restraint is one of the unwritten "respectability" rules. When keeping it real goes wrong...and you don't get into the snooty society organization you bet your whole life on.

There was an awful lot of exposition for an episode so late in the season. Wonder if the rumors of non-renewal are true and if the writers are trying to wrap everything up in the two episodes remaining?

1 hour ago, Joimiaroxeu said:

There was an awful lot of exposition for an episode so late in the season. Wonder if the rumors of non-renewal are true and if the writers are trying to wrap everything up in the two episodes remaining?

I doubt the writers would know that far in advance. But they probably knew this would be the first episode after the winter break, so the extra exposition was probably to remind the audience of certain things.

they probably knew this would be the first episode after the winter break, so the extra exposition was probably to remind the audience of certain things.

There was a lot of revealing of information previously not known, such as the details of Tyrique and Raymond's relationship.

I doubt the writers would know that far in advance.

I've read that filming was still going on after the show had starting airing. It's possible the later episodes were still being edited last month. Meanwhile, the ratings have been lukewarm and rumors of cancellation have been spinning since before the winter break. I think the people behind this show probably have had a clue.