Type keyword(s) to search

Reframed: Marilyn Monroe - General Discussion

• Start Topic

From CNN

Reframed: Marilyn Monroe is a four-part series produced by RAW TV that will reevaluate and reclaim the life and legacy of Marilyn Monroe from a modern perspective. The series critically explores how she was presented, and how she presented herself, to uncover the real Marilyn.

Premieres Sunday Jan 16 at 9pm

ETA: I missed it the first time around, but the episodes premiere back to back for two weeks, meaning Episodes 1 and 2 Jan 16, episodes 3 and 4 Jan 23

Edited by DanaK
Updated episode schedule
  • Love 2

This is the one that’s on CNN, correct?

Watched the first two episodes last night, and I’m sure you’re all going to think I’m a moron, but I was stunned at how different she sounded in the interview tapes. Yes, I know her breathy voice was part of her Marilyn persona. Logically, I should’ve known that she didn’t really sound like that. But I was just so used to it.

Really? No one else watched this?

Well, I thought it was interesting. It definitely put the problems with The Prince and the Showgirl and Something’s Gotta Give in a new light. I respect Sir Laurence Olivier as an actor and I’m sure Marilyn showing up late etc was enough to try anyone’s nerves, but I have no doubt he was awful to her while filming. 

• Love 2
6 hours ago, Sweet-tea said:

Does anyone know how I can watch this? I Googled and it says I have to have Roku account. Any other way?

I viewed one of the episodes using On Demand when my DVR was acting up. 

I was pleasantly surprised by this series. Her life occurred prior to my birth, so I only knew the basics on what I’ve seen in other movies and news stories. Like Diana, it’s sad that we never got to see her age as she was so naturally pretty when not on film. 

Finally saw the first 3 episodes, but have to admit I started falling asleep during the third. 

Her bio (first episode) was interesting. Have to give her a lot of credit for basically making it on her own...fighting for everything she earned while not falling for the producers couch. 

I might re-watch parts of episode 3, and hopefully find time for the last episode.

13 hours ago, Sweet-tea said:

I haven’t been able to find it. It’s not offered on my cable. It says I have to have a Roku device and account. I guess I’ll wait until it’s more widely distributed. 

Do you have CNN?  If so, check their On Demand.