Type keyword(s) to search

S06.E09: Mad Science

This one was gross, but I couldn't take my eyes off it. I was a little surprised when Ve clucked her tongue at Neko's design as being in poor taste. Did I miss something? Aren't these people pursuing careers in film and/or television?  And c'mon, Neko reassured us that he loves babies! (I thought that was super-cute. )

I let out a big, slo-mo "NOOOOOO!" when Corinne was eliminated. But I can't tell you who I would have wanted to be eliminated in her place. I just find this year's group incredibly capable and likeable. Especially Tyler--I am having my attorney draw up adoption papers as we speak.

Edited by Portia

I thought the idea of somebody being too tasteless in a genre that featured Human Centipede didn't make a whole lot of sense.

I actually thought Corinne's underplaying worked pretty well, but figured the judges wouldn't see it the same way.

• Love 1

Thank you, I ALSO got mad at that design getting dinged for being in poor taste! Maybe let's grade HORROR concepts on a curve? It's not like they were creating makeup for the next Henry James adaptation.

• Love 3

Agree Tara. It's obnoxious to limit a horror challenge to "taste" and I can think of at least 3 movies off the top of my head that involve something similar to what Neko does.

Can you all settle an argument between my husband and I? In the beginning they mention Silence of the Lambs, the Island of Doctor Moreau, and American Horror stories as movies with "Mad Scientists" and I think they're mis-remembering the fact that Buffalo Bill is just a crazy guy building a lady suit and not a scientist, husband thinks they're talking about Lecter. I think I'm right because Lecter is technically a mad doctor but there's no real makeup there, whereas Bill is building a lady suit? I don't know, basically I just think Silence of the Lambs is a crap example of this theme.

I think they were talking about Lecter because he was a doctor. But they're obviously wrong, because Lecter was a doctor who happened to be mad, rather than a mad scientist. He didn't use his doctoring skills for evil, which I think is an essential element.

• Love 1

@Tara, good point. I just think that Bill has to be who they were talking about from a makeup standpoint, I mean Lecter's most interesting look is just the hockey mask which isn't a makeup...

Also, I would have sent home the awful makeup with the random extra jaw thrown in for no reason. I don't understand how that got through.

I'm starting to get really annoyed by people who put jawbones and teeth outside the head because they think it looks cool. If there's no way a tooth could ever be used to eat something, you're just throwing nonsense on the face without a plan.

• Love 1