Type keyword(s) to search

Season 10 Talk

juno
  • Start Topic

2 Episodes in, enjoying it more than last season. 

Spoilers for those to catch up.

Spoiler

I could watch an entire episode of Wayne dragging Dierks around Mo3deans.  And the looks on his face when he realized he was about to get his ass handed to him was priceless.

43 minutes ago, ajsnaves said:

2 Episodes in, enjoying it more than last season. 

Spoilers for those to catch up.

Reveal spoiler

I could watch an entire episode of Wayne dragging Dierks around Mo3deans.  And the looks on his face when he realized he was about to get his ass handed to him was priceless.

I have completed it. Couldn't wait.

You are right. It is much better than last season. Will wait a bit to discuss.

For any of  those that are disappointed note that every great show has a dip in quality, some recover with new characters and new locations. Some don't. Some end on a high and some are cancelled.

For me I try to look for the great shows within the season and not the season as a whole. In season 8 I loved 8x06 (Dycks) and did not like 8x01.

As long as each season gives me a "Sundays are for Picking Stones" I can ignore "Prostate". So I have changed my expectations so that I am happy when an episode is good and not worry about the season.

• Love 1

After what I thought was a pretty poor season in 9 I was a bit nervous about season 10.

Season 10 carried on a new style brought in last year which is stand alone shows. Meaning there is no real thread for the season. Season 8 had a thread such as Wayne's breakup which carried through the season.

Season 10 has 6 stand alone episodes.

1. King of Suckers

2. Dealership

3. Dyck Meat

4. Prostate

5. VidVok

6. Sundays are for Picking Stones

The only thread was in episode 1 where they basically tie up all the loose threads and resolve the conflicts. Bro Dude lady goes into business with Tanis, Derk and his gang get beaten up by Wayne and his gang. Mary Fred's big reveal was that she needed Wayne's help in buying a vehicle which puts us in episode 2 and gets to see some resolution of the Mary Fred/Wayne arc.

There is another episode where Wayne and the gang go to Noah Dyck's as a reward for helping out with the bird feeders in 8x06. Then the gang head to the doctor's office to get their physicals including the dreaded Prostate exam. Next a competition is started between the skids and hockey players regarding the use of their video platform-VidVok (TikTok) and as a secondary plot Wayne helps out Tanis by driving her Zanboni all the while getting involved with a plan to hurt Shoresy. The last episode is a fairly laid back episode where the hicks try to find helpers to pick stones while Roald works with a new dancer on a dance routine.

The Ugly, The Bad, The Good, The Great

The Ugly

These long conversations that reach a saturation point and they get boring. I will admit that there is far less then last season, but there were 3 that went on far too long. 1) Prostate: Dialogue between Wayne and Daryl at the stand. 2) VidVok: McMurrays telling Gailer about their trip 3) Sunday's: Hicks and Alexander conversation went on too long.

The Bad

Not much coach and Glen except the Prostate episode. The Mary Fred reveal came to nothing and the Truck negotiation thing was supposed to be funny but wasn't. Except for Tanis the Prostate episode was one long finger in the butt joke. Anik being allowed to take shifts at Modeans was crappy based on the way she treated Daryl and Katie. Also her coming back amounted to nothing as well.

The Good

Gail has stopped hitting on Wayne. The constant word puns were cut down as they were featured quite a lot in season 9. The dialogue in scenes was shortened a bit this season different from season 9 where conversation went on and on. I was actually happy this season that there was very few relationship scenes although I would like Daryl to find his mate. Wayne connecting with Shoresy was fun. I really liked how Tyson and Tanis gave it to Wayne and confronted him on his personality issues. In fact everyone seemed to be calling each other out on the BS this season.

The Great

Can't help it I love the Dyck's! I laugh the hardest on the show when the Dyck's are featured. I loved Lady C, I thought her dancing was amazing with the song "might bang, might not" by Little Simz. While it was a really random scene that only connected to Roald, it still was a treat to see this great dancing. I thought the Jokes were plentiful and the episodes were a lot more funny. There were only a few tillies but I enjoyed them along with Reilly and Jones smashing the walls.

• Love 1

I'm only a few episodes in during season 10, but I'm not liking some of the things they are doing to Wayne's character. I know this a Canadian comedy show, and not real life, so I'm not alls twisted ups in my issue here. Still, they spent a lot of time in the first few seasons establishing Wayne as a hardworking, ethical tough guy who respected differences and came through when you needed him. Then last season they had him wanting to watch all 3 Jackass movies for fun, which seemed a bit below him, and now this season they debate whether he sucker punches and show him actually doing it from behind after the tiniest, obscure warning from Dary. 

I liked the guy who said "when a friend asks for help, you help," and who had a beer with the guy he just beat down, and who protected his little sister, and who mourned a relationship alone for a while and then came out ready to go, and who says "if you can be one thing, be efficient."  That doesn't match the Jackass, suckerpunch guy. I hope we don't see more alt Wayne as the season goes on.

• Love 1
53 minutes ago, Ottis said:

I'm only a few episodes in during season 10, but I'm not liking some of the things they are doing to Wayne's character. I know this a Canadian comedy show, and not real life, so I'm not alls twisted ups in my issue here. Still, they spent a lot of time in the first few seasons establishing Wayne as a hardworking, ethical tough guy who respected differences and came through when you needed him. Then last season they had him wanting to watch all 3 Jackass movies for fun, which seemed a bit below him, and now this season they debate whether he sucker punches and show him actually doing it from behind after the tiniest, obscure warning from Dary. 

I liked the guy who said "when a friend asks for help, you help," and who had a beer with the guy he just beat down, and who protected his little sister, and who mourned a relationship alone for a while and then came out ready to go, and who says "if you can be one thing, be efficient."  That doesn't match the Jackass, suckerpunch guy. I hope we don't see more alt Wayne as the season goes on.

I think they tried to make Wayne more of a regular person in Season 10 so all through the season you see him getting made fun of, getting crap from others and mocked. It looked like they wanted to knock him down a peg or two. That does include the fact that his character does sucker punch in some of his fights.

I will say that season 10 is miles better than season 9 but they still get lost in some endless conversations and storylines such as a whole episdoe on Prostate exams.

4 minutes ago, Ottis said:

I don’t see a Shoresey thread, so maybe I can ask here. What is the age limit on senior whale shit hockey? Because wow, that is a spread.

Doesn't seem to be an age limit for senior whale shit. I did create a thread for Shoresy. Even more quiet than this thread: