Type keyword(s) to search

Shoresy - General Discussion

juno
  • Start Topic

Shoresy is the new spin-off of Letterkenny.

Please post on this thread if you like

You can watch Shoresy starting May 13th on Crave and May 27th on Hulu.

• Useful 1

Just watched all 6 episodes and this was really good. Very hockey, very Canadian and very funny. It is like if Slap Shot the movie becoming a TV series.

They altered the personality of Shoresy from Letterkenny and made him less chirpy and less agressive towards females. He is nicer, less dirty and a good leader and teamate.

I just started last night, but I'm enjoying it. They did make Shoresy a little more palatable and a better person than his Letterkenny bits, without totally altering the character. I laughed a lot through the first two episodes. 

• Love 2
On 5/14/2022 at 3:57 PM, juno said:

Yes, there is a ton of hockey and swearing but there is a lot of heart.

Yes there is. I was surprised to see it to this degree. Some of it is obvious (like making the Bulldogs into a team) and some is more subtle (like how Shoresy feels about the reporter, which I thought at first was a goof but now I am wondering if he is sincere). 

I have zero hockey knowledge and only slightly more Canada slang knowledge, so this show is like PBS for me. I'm learning all the time. For anyone who knows hockey, are all these terms and practices legit? 

Also, let me tell you a true story. I was in Toronto maybe 10 years ago, for work. Over the weekend, I decided to park downtown and see the city. So I found a public parking lot, and the attendant told me the price and then asked if I had a "loonie." I had no idea what he was talking about. "A what?" I asked. "A loonie!" The attendant had an accent of some kind, so I thought maybe I was mishearing him. I asked again, and he shouted at my car window, "A LOONIE!" I just shook my head, saying, "I have no idea what you mean." Frustrated, he waved me through. That night, I told the story to one of my Canadian friends, who fell out of her chair laughing. She still brings it up. How was I to know what loonie meant, bud?! The coin says "dollar!" I had to get sorted, I guess.

• LOL 1
  • Love 1
1 hour ago, Ottis said:

Yes there is. I was surprised to see it to this degree. Some of it is obvious (like making the Bulldogs into a team) and some is more subtle (like how Shoresy feels about the reporter, which I thought at first was a goof but now I am wondering if he is sincere). 

I have zero hockey knowledge and only slightly more Canada slang knowledge, so this show is like PBS for me. I'm learning all the time. For anyone who knows hockey, are all these terms and practices legit? 

Also, let me tell you a true story. I was in Toronto maybe 10 years ago, for work. Over the weekend, I decided to park downtown and see the city. So I found a public parking lot, and the attendant told me the price and then asked if I had a "loonie." I had no idea what he was talking about. "A what?" I asked. "A loonie!" The attendant had an accent of some kind, so I thought maybe I was mishearing him. I asked again, and he shouted at my car window, "A LOONIE!" I just shook my head, saying, "I have no idea what you mean." Frustrated, he waved me through. That night, I told the story to one of my Canadian friends, who fell out of her chair laughing. She still brings it up. How was I to know what loonie meant, bud?! The coin says "dollar!" I had to get sorted, I guess.

No, he seems generally interested in her. The surprise is that he was dogging all the women of Letterkenny and then moves up North here and he can't get a date? Seriously? A little surprised.

Yes, all the slang is real and even as a Canadian I had to look some of it up.

BTW a Twonie is 2 dollars for your next trip.

• Love 2