Type keyword(s) to search

S01.E07: Along Came A Spider

• Start Topic

Liked Miriam's speech to the women inmates about empathy and morals, etc. Feels very timely which I'm sure is the intent. 

Rebecca is a saint. 

I really like the scenes between Mike and Bunny. They have good chemistry.

Surprised at where Iris ended up. And with who.

Not surprised where the FBI guy ended up.  

Liked the conversation between Mike and his brother as well. 

Who were the inmate and the man in the gallery during the execution scene? Have we seen them before and I'm just blanking on where/when?

Hot Young Prison Guard needs to just go away.  He seriously irritates me. He was told what the scoop was by the other guards, and he did it anyway. Dude deserves whatever he gets. I hope he gets fired and we never see him again.  

• Love 1

"Yo, what's with the grape?" Bunny is the best - and so is Rebecca!

I'm almost over Miriam's scenes. Is she going to offer more than these parables each episode? Meh.

2 hours ago, wlk68 said:

Who were the inmate and the man in the gallery during the execution scene? Have we seen them before and I'm just blanking on where/when?

The man in the gallery is some kind of assistant district attorney or perhaps even a judge? I can't recall specifically, but his daughter was killed by the man being executed. The gallery man asked Mike to come up with a reason to stay the execution *I think* so that the guy would suffer on death row longer? I can't remember enough to be reliable. But that's why the gallery man said "I'll take that as a confession" - it's what he wanted.

2 hours ago, wlk68 said:

Hot Young Prison Guard needs to just go away.  He seriously irritates me. He was told what the scoop was by the other guards, and he did it anyway. Dude deserves whatever he gets. I hope he gets fired and we never see him again.  

Yeah, this guy is this show's version of Yellowstone's Jimmy. Just go away.

• LOL 1
42 minutes ago, mledawn said:

The man in the gallery is some kind of assistant district attorney or perhaps even a judge? I can't recall specifically, but his daughter was killed by the man being executed. The gallery man asked Mike to come up with a reason to stay the execution *I think* so that the guy would suffer on death row longer? I can't remember enough to be reliable. But that's why the gallery man said "I'll take that as a confession" - it's what he wanted.

Right! *whaps forehead* Thank you for refreshing my memory. 

This show suffers from a common TV affliction, e. g. "no one worth caring about, so nothing matters." The FBI is corrupt and has agents being killed, Iris is a call girl who has hit a bad patch, Mike is a "fixer" who fixes for his own benefit, his brother is a whiner who won't sack up and leave even when he has the opportunity, their mom is a bitter person who contributes to the things she despises, the young security guard is an idiot, the old security guard is an asshole, and most everyone else is a criminal. Rebecca, maybe? She may be the only one to care about, and she seems pretty cool with whatever.

Anyway, as I watch these characters and their paths, I don't care what happens to them. None of it matters much, and there is minimal emotional impact. The show is done well, and I like Renner. I just don't see why viewers should be invested in any of this.

• Love 2

The “Hot Young Prison Guard” is kind of that guy got the job because a relative of his (his father or uncle or something) was a prison guard and had huh e so of course that is what he is supposed to do. It is like everything else and what the show is trying to show in a very mellow way.  You kinda follow your family and when you don’t it is very difficult to leave.   Bunny’s nephew (which I hope the show shows again) is having a tough time just by playing a white person’s sport.   Mike went to prison so he can’t be a cop but he seems to have a lot of power in the town and his brother might be better off if he does take a job in Florida busting spring breakers but he will never leave…uh his tribe.

i really did like the sit down at the jail especially since it looks like everything in the prison is about to boil over.   The black guy was essentially right.  This all happened because the guards didn’t keep their end of the bargain. 

I watch enough crime shows to know that I don’t need to like characters to be invested in them.  Sometimes the most fascinating characters are the biggest assholes.  The issue with this show is that Mike us trying to be too much to too many people and he needs to pick a lane.  Oz he a good guy trying to hold a bad world together?   Or is he a bad guy trying to keep his family safe by keeping all the wolves at bay?  Or both?