Type keyword(s) to search

S01.E03: Simply Murder

• Start Topic

Really enjoyed the opening, and then it escalated quickly. Yikes.

I simply don't understand why everyone was so invested in this drug cooker getting killed. There was nothing more/less offensive about him than anyone else but all the enforcement agencies were willing to put themselves in the pockets of the gangs to get him. 

• Love 1

Well, this show certainly isn't getting any easier to watch. I agree that I have no idea why they were all hot to trot on this guy - I suppose to show that though they are bad cops, they are not THAT bad because they care about the kids, right?

I'm still into it, especially after seeing Wind River - gives me some faith in the overall story we have going here. 

• Love 1

This episode was definitely hard to watch but I am absolutely loving how gritty this show is. The superhero movies are all well and good but this is the kind of stuff I prefer to see Renner in. I loved Wind River and The Town.

I don’t understand this show. The brothers are/were apparently fixers, and broker deals among various factions. Often the deals are shady ranging to illegal. Ok, fine.

And yet he seems to have these issues of conscience? Or is just annoyed at having to deal with others? He is like the Michael Bluth of the almost underworld. And in this ep, he is mad because the deal he brokered went through, so he now owes factions? 

His mom hates what her sons do. And he has some mysterious felony past. And everyone on the show doesn’t believe in being happy. And the show plays trippy 70s Vietnam music.

Not sure what the upside of all this is. There is talk of “keeping the peace,” but it seems like a pretty violent place already. What does worse looks like, maybe the gangs wipe each other out.

I like Renner and the setting. I don’t understand the overall point, though. Not yet, anyway. 

Edited by Ottis
  • Love 2