Type keyword(s) to search

S04.E03: All I Need

jewel21
  • Start Topic

With Spencer having to make yet another big decision, he choose to spend time with the most important people in his life. Olivia tries to balance her desire for intimacy with the commitment she made with herself regarding her sobriety. Jordan is worried about his recruitment possibilities and turns to Billy for advice. Asher contemplates his next move and finds inspiration from someone unexpected. Meanwhile, Grace is fed up with Billy's behavior and decides to confront him.

Airdate: 11/08/2021

Spencer absolutely would have known that that coach had left the school three weeks before.  What a strange plot twist.

I get where Layla was coming from, and that she was losing money, but Coop *physically* was having trouble rapping.  She’s not quitting because she wants to, dammit.

Olivia’a braids looked beautiful, and heavy, and time-consuming to do.

• Love 2

I guess they had to have some excuse to set in motion the process of Spencer not going to Toledo State, because I'm sure they want to have more seasons.  The ratings are down but still better than their other shows, which barely even measure as a blip (and sometimes even 0.0).  The budget restrictions showed again with Dillon not in the episode, so no reaction to his brother supposedly leaving way sooner than expected.  (And I don't think Chris was with the seniors getting their rings, unless we're supposed to assume the guy next to Spencer whose head wasn't shown was him.)  It was funny earlier when Grace burst in and just yelled Billy's name.

I thought that Layla deciding to stand up for herself was supposed to be a good thing, but she's swung way too far in the other direction now.  The only reason she found out before Coop told her was Asher's big mouth, and then she seemed to have zero sympathy for the fact that Coop almost died (which she especially should understand right now) or how difficult it is for her to lose the only hope she had in her life.  She could have done the same thing with the contract without being so completely heartless.  And Preach's daughter seems to be a lot like her mother, which is scary.  If she keeps digging and Preach doesn't stop trying to "protect" her by hiding the truth, word will get to her that Coop claimed to have killed Mo and Amina might just try to avenge her!  Coop definitely makes her share of mistakes, but crazy-ass Mo (and the fact that Coop was pressured to let her guard down) caused a lot of the problems.  Even if Coop hadn't confronted her, it probably would have been impossible to prove Mo planted the drugs, so Mo would have just kept coming after her until someone died anyway.  I wish that they could have Coop go through some rehab to try to regain some lung function, but that would probably be too expensive for her.  I only thought of that because the channel I listen to plays a lot of Teddy Pendergrass, and I know that he was able to sing again after being paralyzed through a lot of rehab.

It's nice that Asher is trying to be hopeful and move on with his life, but I was barely paying attention to the voiceover for his essay at the end of the episode.  I like it better when they play a song or something.

4 hours ago, KWalkerInc said:

(And I don't think Chris was with the seniors getting their rings, unless we're supposed to assume the guy next to Spencer whose head wasn't shown was him.)  

Spencer hugged that guy and it definitely wasn’t Chris.  I though the guy on the other end with the floppy hair was supposed to be Chris, but he definitely wasn’t him either.  Guess Chris had something else to do that day.

Hats off to momma Grace. Glad someone finally chewed Billy out.

Billy rounding up all the seniors was a real half ass way to apologize to Spencer. Spencer deserved better than this. And if I were Spencer I wouldn't be letting Billy off so easy without a sincere one on one apology and talking out their differences.

WOW Layla really went for it with Coop. I understand being upset wasting studio time, but she needs to have some compassion and empathy for what Coop just went through. That was a really terrible way to handle the situation. There is standing up for yourself and then there is being just plain nasty and selfish. And this was the latter.

• Love 1