Type keyword(s) to search

S01.E03: Starstruck

• Start Topic

I think there's a very delicate balance between "Dal has a lot to learn" and "Dal is a jerk," and I don't think they've figured it out yet.

That was outweighed for me by the good stuff with Rok-Takh, who's clearly never known anything other than Tars Lamora and has issues being seen as this big bruiser even though she's a little girl.  The scene of her not knowing what she liked to eat was a little heartbreaking, as was her sadness that she had to be the one to go after Gwyn.  Letting all of her (justified) anger out was great.

And I can see that they're seeding the idea that Jankom is a big softie for her, and I like that a lot.

And everything out of Zero's...mouth(?).  Their complete lack of a filter is awesome.

• Love 3
8 hours ago, starri said:

I think there's a very delicate balance between "Dal has a lot to learn" and "Dal is a jerk," and I don't think they've figured it out yet.

That's putting it mildly. At this point I think airlocking would be incredibly character-building for him 😁 In all seriousness I find it a bit disappointing that in a franchise that's always touting its progressiveness the lead character is written like he jumped right out of the past: obnoxious male brat who needs to learn a bit humility but whose leadership skills (and heart of gold) are impressive enough that everybody around him puts up with that nonsense 🤷‍♂️ I hope they sort that out soon and tone the character down. It would be more interesting to see the group figure out that they don't want a traditional command structure and try something else but I don't think that's going to happen. The best we can probably hope for is some sort of Guardians of the Galaxy-like barely-there hierarchy.

I would like to know more about Gwyn and her relationship with Dal. 

• Love 1

Not sure I like this Trek even while making allowances that this is a kid's show. I guess I have been spoiled by Lower Decks.

Wouldn't holo Janeway realize one of the kids is in the brig and have something to say about it?

If they are officially cadets shouldn't they they have uniforms?

• Love 1
On 12/6/2021 at 4:35 AM, AnimeMania said:

Gwyn was in handcuffs in her cell and then suddenly not in handcuffs.

Time passed in between, the implication is that someone (most likely Rok, who was generally the least hostile to Gwyn) took them off.