Type keyword(s) to search

S02.E01: Free Will is Never Free

• Start Topic

The sociopath, always right, ladies man, bold face lying to all, Tariq is so annoying. It took seeing a deer get shot to finally unnerve him (just a little) for killing Ghost and Jabari. F*ck you! Please Detective Kevin Whitman Kenobi, be the one to arrest him by the end of the season. You are my only hope! I'm rooting for you this season!

That was a dirty move by him to ambush Carrie calling her for coffee. What detective calls an old friend to bring her to a "Surprise! Please ID your dead co worker's body" date and then analyze her reaction to see if she killed him?! Also, why is he asking Carrie for the list and not going to the president of Stanfield?

What parent is sending their kid to Stanfield with all these murders and lack of security?

Carrie's declaration to her friend she was not going to see Zeke again and make better decisions ended the moment she ended the phone call. She jumped in bed with him not too long later.

Couldn't Diana just move the car, not have a long interaction with the cops, circle around the block and pick up Monet? That's a lot of spending on Fendi products just to get their bags/boxes to carry drugs. They couldn't have someone steal a supply or just use the local supermarket plastic bags.

I now see what everyone was talking about comparing Monet and Raq. Mary J. Blige has one facial expression through out the entire episode and no range . Patina brings a lot more to her character.

Now Monet is pushing Zeke to go pro and already making plans for the family. I get the feeling Zeke will not make it to NBA draft night (maybe die). Monet is just going to have to stay in the business and like it.

Who is this rich OG to have all these planes/cars, big supply of drugs (foolishly placed to be seen out in the open) and don't have anyone to move it?

I thought Soledad O'Brien was killed in Batman vs Superman. Good to see she survived the bombing.

Anytime they are in the classroom or Tariq is dealing with certain white people the dialogue is cringy. Are the writers unable to come up with better dialogue/scenes and not base everything on race/patriarchy (most show I watch are doing it and it's getting boring).

I think this is first we are hearing of Tariq's grandmother having drinking problem. Poor Yaz can't find a stable house to live under.

Shame on you Congressman Sweeney for missing Tariq. But still, you shouldn't let the little jerk get under your skin accusing you of profiting on the opioid business where you need to attempt kill him. I'm sure this story of almost shooting Tariq will be leaked and one of the reasons Sweeney will lose to Tate.

Monet needs to move or get security cameras if she has to keep walking around house with a gun in hand just to inspect the slightest noise.

Jabri body wasn't found until the next night? His body was hidden deep in the park. 

Clueless Associate Saxe thought he was going to be a partner. He should be concerned about partnering with Davis if Davis' best analogy is "last year's g-string".

Edited by mxc90
  • Love 1
22 hours ago, mxc90 said:

That was a dirty move by him to ambush Carrie calling her for coffee. What detective calls an old friend to bring her to a "Surprise! Please ID your dead co worker's body" date and then analyze her reaction to see if she killed him?! Also, why is he asking Carrie for the list and not going to the president of Stanfield?

Yes that was pretty shitty. Some people have never seen a dead body before, much less someone they knew well and cared for.

The sociopath, always right, ladies man, bold face lying to all, Tariq is so annoying. It took seeing a deer get shot to finally unnerve him (just a little) for killing Ghost and Jabari. F*ck you! Please Detective Kevin Whitman Kenobi, be the one to arrest him by the end of the season. You are my only hope! I'm rooting for you this season!

I was waiting for Tariq to have some emotional fall out from murdering Ghost and Jabari. When he murdered the crooked cop that killed his sister in front of him, well I can see that as justified and not causing any lasting moral qualms. As many mistakes as Ghost made, he was his father and he did love him, and Jabri was a fucking idiot but was not actively endangering his life. Being a murderer will wear on you.

Monet needs to move or get security cameras if she has to keep walking around house with a gun in hand just to inspect the slightest noise.

She is jumpy no? Mary J Blidge is trying, but she isnt a trained actress, she is a singer/song writer. Patina Miller made a career on Broadway- she can do both.

Now Monet is pushing Zeke to go pro and already making plans for the family. I get the feeling Zeke will not make it to NBA draft night (maybe die). Monet is just going to have to stay in the business and like it.

Diana and Dry certainly are not going along with this plan. Monet is losing control of her children (this happens when they grow up) but her plan depending on Zeke is a bad one. I would open a business (like a laundry mat or something, like Ghost/Tasha did) get those up and running and then walk away, and move out of state.

23 hours ago, Scarlett45 said:

She is jumpy no? Mary J Blidge is trying, but she isnt a trained actress, she is a singer/song writer. Patina Miller made a career on Broadway- she can do both

Real jumpy.

I want to see the list of qualified actresses Mary beat for this role.

I was waiting for Tariq to have some emotional fall out from murdering Ghost and Jabari. When he murdered the crooked cop that killed his sister in front of him, well I can see that as justified and not causing any lasting moral qualms. As many mistakes as Ghost made, he was his father and he did love him, and Jabri was a fucking idiot but was not actively endangering his life. Being a murderer will wear on you.

It took him a while to get to this state. Also, he put his sister in bad situation with the parents gone. That should wear on him.

Diana and Dry certainly are not going along with this plan. Monet is losing control of her children (this happens when they grow up) but her plan depending on Zeke is a bad one. I would open a business (like a laundry mat or something, like Ghost/Tasha did) get those up and running and then walk away, and move out of state.

Seeing Diana with the gun and her thinking highly of herself for dealing with the cops, she now thinks she's grown. I wouldn't be surprised if she puts herself in danger and gets knocked off.  With Lauren, Diana and Effie. Someone is expendable. 

• Love 1
2 hours ago, mxc90 said:

With Lauren, Diana and Effie. Someone is expendable. 

I wonder what Effie is up to. I am seeing Diana as a Tasha type, Lauren as an Angela, but Effie is smarter than Tariq AND has the street sense to boot. 

• Love 1

Grandma Estelle is a pretty far gone drunk now. Young Yasmine's in danger being raised by her. Hopefully Tariq will do the right thing by his baby sister after what happened to his other one.

Carrie might need to go up a size in her undergarments. 😼

Lol, Tariq schooling Brayden's congressman uncle on the deleterious impact of Big Pharma via over-prescribed, addictive opioids. Hypocrite much?

Yeah, TMW you think you have a lunch date with a detective ex-boyfriend but you end up at the morgue identifying the corpse of your co-worker and another ex-lover. Carrie is a steaming mess.

Ugh, Tariq and his stupid wide-eyed poker face. He owes it mostly to still looking like an innocent school kid despite being the farthest thing from innocent. He'll start looking his age eventually.

Watch Tariq pin Jabari's murder on Cane. Or try.

Odds are good I think that someone at the PD is going to wonder why Councilman Tate's brother was searching the database on Congressman Sweeney. They're not supposed to use it for unofficial purposes. Kamaal was not smart to let his brother use his work ID since whatever Rashad looked at could be tracked.

On 11/22/2021 at 9:59 AM, Scarlett45 said:

Patina Miller made a career on Broadway- she can do both.

As soon as I saw her on Raising Kanan, my first thought was "this is who Monet Tejada should have been."

On 11/23/2021 at 11:46 AM, Scarlett45 said:

I wonder what Effie is up to. I am seeing Diana as a Tasha type, Lauren as an Angela, but Effie is smarter than Tariq AND has the street sense to boot. 

I actually see Effie as the Tasha type. Tasha was smart and had street sense. Tasha was always put in impossible situations. I see Diana as naive. Tasha is a lot of things but naive isn't one of them.

Edited by AntFTW
8 hours ago, AntFTW said:

As soon as I saw her on Raising Kanan, my first thought was "this is who Monet Tejada should have been."

I actually see Effie as the Tasha type. Tasha was smart and had street sense. Tasha was always out in impossible situations. I see Diana as naive. Tasha is a lot of things but naive isn't one of them.

I see where you are coming from with that. I wonder what Tasha was like when she met James/Ghost. They got married fairly young (20/21) was she ever like Diana or was she always like Effie?