Type keyword(s) to search

S02.E04: Family is a Four Letter Word

• Start Topic

Tensions rise as the group questions past events and plans for the future. Things get explosive as someone's abilities and loyalties are put to the test. A surprising discovery is made.

AMC+ airdate: 2021.10.17    AMC airdate: 2021.10.24

Be mindful if you participate in the Live Posting Topic - that topic will follow the show as it airs on AMC, so AMC+ viewers will be one episode ahead.  DO NOT SPOIL those who are watching on AMC.

It's another episode where very little happens WRT plot development. key developments are Huck finding out about Will and realising that maybe her mother might not be entirely truthful with her, like this wasn't something that should have been blindingly obvious to her anyway.

Then we see that the sisters have grown apart, because it's been nearly a week since they last saw each other or whatever, Percy wants to kill Huck but doesn't and tells Iris how hard it is to kill a person compared to a walker, when Iris has just killed a person in cold blood. and that's about it apart from a bit of exposition about Denis and Silas.

there are six episodes of this left to go, it seems hard to see how there will be any great revelations about the CRM in this space of time given the pace the story is moving at now. my best guess is we get some conclusion, satisfactory or otherwise, for the main characters, and maybe find out what the CRM's game plan is with the whole genocide thing, but everything else will be left open for TRMWADGTH.

• LOL 1
  • Love 1

Literally zero plot movement in this one except Huck finding out about mommy dearest. Are they serious? Oh wait Gimple is involved, nvm then.

It's kind of hilarious how willing this show is to not do character development (character replacement and never before seen skills) and magically heal all wounds instantly (see Felix and Percy) yet they are unwilling to do the same with the story/plot. One would think they do all this stuff so they have more time for plot/story but nope, it's all in the name of meaningless filler.

So is it now Hope's turn to get her character replacement (after Iris and Silas)? Season Premiere she made it clear to Huck she has no interest helping the CR(M) and then episode 2+3 showed her doing recon on the facility. And this episode she is like 'Iris and Felix come to CR(M) with us, no biggie, everything will be totes fine'. Even though she knows from last Season the CRM considers them expandable and the only reason why CRM would even consider keeping them alive is as bargaining chips to keep Leo and Hope in line.

That means Elton is the only one left who still needs a new partial personality. Can't wait for next episode when we see him making plans to kill Hope for the murder of his mom, complete with evil smile and all. Because that's totally within Elton's character.

• Love 3
15 hours ago, Superclam said:

Y'know, I was going to watch this tonight, but I had a crap day, and after reading your reviews, I don't think I have the strength.

The only positive is you’ll have no trouble falling asleep 💤

Im not a religious man, yet I do have to ask any omnipotent being whether they indeed have a master plan for this rubbish, or is it just a modern equivalent of us wearing a hair shirt 🐐

Well, I watched it. I had to take a break at 25 minutes in because I was so bored. Like you both said, nothing really moved forward. I don't know how they're reconciling this in 6 episodes, but there's a good chance they wont. 

The Huck teasers were the worst. "Something happened, but we're not going to tell you!" Of course, when we finally do find out, it's not going to be that interesting. 

• Love 1
6 hours ago, Superclam said:

Of course, when we finally do find out, it's not going to be that interesting. 

Indeed, and i reckon the same will be true of the great reveal about the destruction of Omaha, just like when they teased us there would be some overarching plan as to why they's pushed the group into travelling cross country, and it turns out to be both illogical and completely underwhelming.

The other thing that bugs me is the relationships, is anyone convinced that Percy actually fancies Iris? There's zero chemistry between Felix and will, there's a bit of a spark between Elton and the new girl but that's about it.

5 hours ago, BasilSeal said:

The other thing that bugs me is the relationships, is anyone convinced that Percy actually fancies Iris? There's zero chemistry between Felix and will, there's a bit of a spark between Elton and the new girl but that's about it.

It's an apocalypse. Slim pickings lol. And he doesn't have to have feelings for her, he might just wanna get some. The lack of chemistry should be no surprise really. When was there ever a couple on TWD main show (don't know about Fear) that had chemistry? It's a staple of this universe. The only potential on this show I ever saw was Elton with Hope (I thought I saw some chemistry once or twice) and it certainly would have been interesting from a story point if these two developed feelings before the reveal of Elton's mother. And how they deal with it after. Elton and new girl have potential (except I don't care because there is no time for this), even if she kind of seems to be a bit of a Hope clone.

3 hours ago, Superclam said:

Considering it sure looked like he was about to get some and then said "I should go," I have to wonder if he's got ulterior motives. 

He is a con-man after all. He knows how to play it. And unless they cut it out, the Season trailer showed Iris and Percy horizontal (thankfully still clothed). So it might still come.

This is the dumbest show I watch. That said, on the episode tonight, Hope meets Iris and says to come with to see their father. WtH? Wasn't that the purpose of their excursion into the zombie universe? To get to their dad? But Iris says "No"? If I missed some big plot twists, nevermind. No need to explain, the show is not worth it. But what on earth would dissuade Iris from seeing her father? 

• Love 2