Type keyword(s) to search

S01.E04: Crabs in a Gold Plated Barrel

• Start Topic

Angela meets with Nikki's father, Nate, as she deals with the tabloids chasing her after her paternity secret is revealed. Meanwhile, Angela's best friend, Tommy "Tizzie" Jones, arrives in Oak Bluffs to help her with the grand opening of the Eve's Crown flagship store. Then, Teddy confides in Leah, Nikki and Taylor get closer and Raymond meets with a face from the past to help get his company back from Teddy.

Airdate: Tuesday, Oct. 12, 2021.

(edited)

Wow, so are they really going to have some type of party every episode?

Man, I was *this close* to complimenting them for some restraint, but then they had to throw in Morris Chestnut's ex-wife, and Angela's baby daddy contacting Teddy. But I do think the writing's getting a bit better.

They addressed it in this episode, but there's still no good reason for Leah and Angela to be enemies. They don't have to be 'besties', but I hope the writers move on from that; or at least give them a better reasons to be fighting each other. (On Revenge the lead actually had specific reasons ruining people.)

It irks me that Teddy keeps telling vaguely telling Leah to "handle" Angela (not just this episode), but what does he want her to do exactly?? In any case, it's Teddy's "problem" to handle, not Leah's! I'm not a business expert, but him attempting to start up a whole new basketball team seemed a way riskier and more expensive option than just finding a way to get back his stadium deal (with some concessions?), but they framed it as a win.

So Tyrique takes down the spycams he put up last week; so we're throwing in plot twists just to immediately reverse them?? Stuff like that upsets me more than too many twists.

Anyway, outfits were fabulous as usual.

Edited by Trini
  • Love 2
7 hours ago, Trini said:

Wow, so are they really going to have some type of party every episode?

Man, I was *this close* to complimenting them for some restraint, but then they had to throw in Morris Chestnut's ex-wife, and Angela's baby daddy contacting Teddy. But I do think the writing's getting a bit better.

They addressed it in this episode, but there's still no good reason for Leah and Angela to be enemies. They don't have to be 'besties', but I hope the writers move on from that; or at least give them a better reasons to be fighting each other. (On Revenge the lead actually had specific reasons ruining people.)

It irks me that Teddy keeps telling vaguely telling Leah to "handle" Angela (not just this episode), but what does he want her to do exactly?? In any case, it's Teddy's "problem" to handle, not Leah's! I'm not a business expert, but him attempting to start up a whole new basketball team seemed a way riskier and more expensive option than just finding a way to get back his stadium deal (with some concessions?), but they framed it as a win.

So Tyrique takes down the spycams he put up last week; so we're throwing in plot twists just to immediately reverse them?? Stuff like that upsets me more than too many twists.

Anyway, outfits were fabulous as usual.

Sorry if my Daddy had an illegitimate child while still married to my Mother I wouldn't like that either and certainly wouldn't want to be friends.

• Love 2

Heh, so Angela's baby daddy is a rapper? Of course he is.

The Franklins don't owe Angela anything "except maybe a little back child support." Dang, Leah is too rough.

I don't get why Angela keeps trying to avoid preparing a business plan. What she's doing is risky enough without having some kind of organized steps in place in case things go left.

Trix Burgers? Isn't "Trix" already trademarked by a cereal company? Whatever, poor Raymond. Maybe he should buy a couple of Powerball tickets to get the money he needs to get his company back.

Taylor ain't loyal. If she can't get with one cousin she'll move on the other.

TMW when the guy you're trying to do a business deal with goes full-tilt racist despite the $$$$ at stake.

I had to laugh at that "Black is Beautiful" song. So corny. 🎶...every weave, every curl...🎶

So Teddy just highjacked Raymond's Darmon label? Is he going to give Raymond a cut of the profits? Probably not and it sounds like he's going to regret it if Raymond's plan to gather all his dirt works out.

Sigh, Angela, you're going to want to shoot Tyrique into space when you find out how he's stabbed you in the back. Hope you're being conscientious with your contraceptive use.

And here comes the Black cotillion. This show is hitting all the Rich Black People tropes, hah hah.

I hope this show doesn't get canceled but I don't see how it can be sustainable over more than one season, if that long. It's not relatable enough IMO.

• Love 1

I was finally feeling like the show was slowing down and letting the characters breathe and then welp lol. 

I’m warming up to Angela and Nikki came through. Leah is too much and i see she’s supposed to play ice Queen to Angela’s warmth but it’s not landing - I don’t see why she has to hate Angela. Is that because of Teddy?

Tyrique is clearly just the help to the Franklins. Still.

But the show is growing on me - the Taylor, Nikki, and Lauren triangle is sooo cute - all 3 girls are so adorbs - I’m sad someone is gonna be hurt because I just wanna protect all 3 of them.

I love the shade diversity on this show too and the production appears to be improving.

Teddy is using Darman as a front for all his shady stuff which is why he won’t let Jermaine see the financials.

I do wanna thank this show for giving me the aspirational wealthy fix I’d been looking for (Bel-Air does too) - shame the new Gossip Girl is failing at this so much.

The show is slowly winning me over.

• Love 1