Type keyword(s) to search

S03.E01: Possibilities Patrol

AnimeMania
  • Start Topic

It was stupid, but I did laugh at the stage donkey's jet of air when Rita changed.

Poor fake blob-lady, I hope nobody believes that the real blob-lady got revenge for making fun of her, since everybody knows who Rita is now.

The extra, Doom Patrol: Inside S3.E1: Digging Deep Into the Doom Patrol was a total waste of time. It had no depth or insight.

• Love 1

I'm glad this show is back. This felt more like a setup the season episode. But it still had its Doom Patrol moments.  

Was that their let Bomer play Superman moment with Larry getting his face back. Are we going to meet the Negative spirits family?

Aww at Cliff getting to hold his grandson by remembering what it felt like to hold his daughter when she was a baby. 

I was surprised the play ended on a happy note. Did Rita know that? 

And Jane and Kay having to fix the underground and fight the mental infection that originally made Kay form her personalities. I wonder if Kay will ever go to the surface. She seems to be much more active already. 

Is Michelle Gomez the immeninnant arrival the hidden phone was talking about? Even in death the Chief is still messing with their lives. 

I love that this show has character growth, yet nothing really changes. The character make the same mistakes over and over again and it doesn't feel stagnant either. 

2 hours ago, Sakura12 said:

And Jane and Kay having to fix the underground and fight the mental infection that originally made Kay form her personalities. I wonder if Kay will ever go to the surface. She seems to be much more active already. 

Kinda seemed like the writers looked at the plot from last season, said "well that was stupid, what were we thinking?" and retconed the shit out of it. First they changed daddy to a mental infection and then they wraped it up in one episode.

Same with candle man. That didn't even take 5 minutes.

2 hours ago, Sakura12 said:

I love that this show has character growth, yet nothing really changes. The character make the same mistakes over and over again and it doesn't feel stagnant either. 

Yeah kinda nice to see poeple who do grow but still fuck up all the time. Maybe they'll get it right one day, but that's going to be a long way. Kinda more realistic to real life than most character arcs on TV and still very entertaining.

• Love 1
7 hours ago, Sakura12 said:

I'm glad this show is back. This felt more like a setup the season episode. But it still had its Doom Patrol moments.  

I think the production was shut down for COVID and they didn't get to finish the final episode of Season 2. So, this was a end to Season 2, while preparing us for Season 3, episode. I thought they did a pretty good job for an episode that was a smidgen longer than what is normal. They probably cut out some of the fluffy feel good moments to keep it tight.

It might have been nice to know if Rita was in the audience to watch the play, even if she were no longer in the play. It would have let us know if she still considered the fellow actors as friends. They may have changed the play to make the Blob-Lady more of a hero instead of a monster.

I am so glad that this show is back. This was definitely more of an episode focused on setting up the new season and wrapping up some lingering threads from last season. 

Then suddenly, Michelle Gomez appears! In a giant mole man ship appearing out of the ground, and then taking a dump on the street and shape shifting. Because Doom Patrol, even in a less wacky and more plot heavy episode, is still Doom Patrol.