Type keyword(s) to search

Spoilers and Speculation: Spilling the (Tea) Pigeon Sweat

Meredith Quill
  • Start Topic

Just speculation here, at least on the soccer side. 

So, given that Sudekis has talked about a Star Wars type trilogy & this is a sports show akin to Rocky, lose but then ultimately win, I’ve felt like I’ve known for quite awhile how the 3rd season plays out. 

In 2015, there was a smallish team in England that had never won anything. In their second year back from relegation, they won the Premier League title against massive odds:  Leicester City story.

Its gonna be a fictional version of the ultimate underdog wins story. I don’t even really think they are trying to hide it.  

There are so many more stories to tell about all the folks around the sports element of the story that in many ways are more compelling & are more what the core of this show really is & need resolution, but I’m honestly gonna be crushed if the soccer team story doesn’t end in this type of triumph. 

Edited by pennben
  • Love 4
3 minutes ago, pennben said:

I’m honestly gonna be crushed if the soccer team story doesn’t end in this type of triumph. 

Is it too much to hope they win the Premier League title against West Ham?

• Love 5
9 minutes ago, Abra said:

Is it too much to hope they win the Premier League title against West Ham?

Not at all!  That’s what I’ve been thinking as well!  West Ham is going to crush them in their initial meeting(s)…not sure how often teams meet in season…..but when it’s all on the line, the guys are going to Believe and win.  

So far, in final big season games in finales, they lost (s1) & tied (s2), so only natural they win at end of storyline 🤞

Edited by pennben
  • Love 3

Yeah, I think next season ends with them winning...whatever the big game in British football is called. (Sorry, I barely know American sports.) I was rewatching the finale today and after they won, one of the announcers says that they're still the only premier league team to not have a trophy and I definitely think that line was put in there for a reason. I think they'll finally get their trophy and then Ted will move back to Kansas. 

• Love 6

At the end of Season one didn’t Ted tell Rebecca they’d get promoted the next year and then win the whole thing the year after that? Maybe I’m remembering that wrong. But that’s exactly what I expect to happen. 

• Love 1
6 hours ago, Jeddah said:

At the end of Season one didn’t Ted tell Rebecca they’d get promoted the next year and then win the whole thing the year after that? Maybe I’m remembering that wrong. But that’s exactly what I expect to happen. 

Yes.  He said “We’ll do something no one thinks we can. Win the whole fucking thing” Which is basically verbatim from Major League. So yes, I fully expect them to win the whole fucking thing. 

For the rest, I think Roy and Keely do get engaged/and or married (a wedding episode would be fun)

Nate will come to regret his choices but it might be too little to late. I mean even Darth Vader did the right thing in the ultimately. But if he dies of the incurable condition of being a little bitch, that’s fine too.  

I don’t think Rebecca and Sam end up together at all. I’m 50/50 on Ted and Rebecca at the very end. I don’t care either way. I like them as platonic friends, but I could also see them together. 

Not sure on the rest. But these are the things I’m more certain of.  

• LOL 1
  • Love 3

On one hand, I’d like to see Ted and Rebecca…but mostly as friends.  He already has a relationship with her bestie.  But mostly I want to see him reunited with his son, and that means moving back to the US.  

I agree they’ll win the season.   But as this was envisioned as a three season story arc, if they decide to do a fourth season, I don’t want them to drag things out.  The existing storylines need to be resolved.  I they have to come up with new conflicts for a new story arc.   What if Rebecca buys a US soccer team based wherever it is that Ted’s son lives?

Edited by DEL901
  • Love 3

I did hear a Bill Lawrence interview on a podcast this weekend. He indicated if they did decide to go more than 3 years, it will not affect this 3 year storyline, additional years would be new stories.  He indicated it is Sudekis who decides whether to do more than the originally 3 years envisioned.  Obviously that could change, but I approve this approach if they do want more seasons!  

• Love 5