Type keyword(s) to search

S01.E09: White Wedding

AnimeMania
  • Start Topic

I liked this episode, it was the best episode yet. It really showed what the premise of the show was and how the team does what it does. It would have made a great first episode if they swapped in some of the early Donovan House opening scenes for what was shown. The real estate agents were much more likable, caring, and empathetic towards their clients than the robotic nature that they usually show. I guess they just needed a personal connection to the people who are selling the houses to elicit that response. Even August didn't seem pompous. There was an urgency and fear of the supernatural elements that is sorely lacking in the earlier episodes. They were hinting that Susan had the telekinesis and firestarting powers all along, I knew about the firestarting powers early on but the telekinesis stuff I was only aware of since the last episode.  

• Love 2

I enjoyed the episode but was a bit confused about why marrying right then negated the curse-was it because the "brides" died the night before the wedding so they eliminated the "night" before the wedding?

I think they are finally finding the right combo of elements for their stories-skill sets, humor, concern for the victims, scary elements, etc.  Interesting that they're giving Luke some powers (the mind-reading or whatever it was he shared with the aunt).  

This was the second episode in a row in which there has been a "question" about a relationship between Luke and Susan so makes me wonder if that will be the endgame.

• Love 2
48 minutes ago, seacliffsal said:

This was the second episode in a row in which there has been a "question" about a relationship between Luke and Susan so makes me wonder if that will be the endgame.

I like Luke and Susan better than Luke and Megan.

• Love 1
55 minutes ago, seacliffsal said:

I enjoyed the episode but was a bit confused about why marrying right then negated the curse-was it because the "brides" died the night before the wedding so they eliminated the "night" before the wedding?

The guy's "first love" always died before the wedding, so if they could have the wedding, the curse would be broken.

• Love 2
On 9/11/2021 at 3:25 PM, Trey said:

I like Luke and Susan better than Luke and Megan.

After watching this episode I have flipflopped and now think Luke and Megan are a better couple, whereas Susan is a better partner/friend.  But if it goes the other way I would be okay with it.

Season finale next week and no word that I can find if it's been renewed or not.  I hope it is, I really like the show.

• Love 1

I agree that this one was pretty good.  Although i thought that the A plot had a lot of issues.  As people had noticed the idea that you could sidestep the curse by rushing the wedding (i guess all the previous brides died while sleeping?) was a bit lame.  Not to mention that the whole thing depended on the men marrying the first women who they fell in love with (this isn’t reality tv guys).  But then in the end it wasn’t clear whether they broke the curse because they outwitted it or because the father’s spirit fought it off because he was protecting his daughter.  And Aunt Ruby had known about this all her life and never mentioned it? Oh, well.

I didn’t like the idea that August was afraid.  But do we think that was him or the house texting with his phone to trap Luke?

• Love 1

Yeah, I didn't think it was really August texting, but if it wanted to trap Luke somehow, why did it throw him across the lawn rather than let him in?  Why lure him there without luring him inside?

I agree that just having the wedding before the bride could be killed was way too easy a way to end the curse.  If I was that pissed to kill brides through that many generations, I wouldn't care if I killed them after the ceremony or before.

I liked that the Dad helped his daughter.  Even if all this didn't happen, it would have been sweet for the dad to blink the lights on her wedding day to say he was with her.

Oh, crap, Zooey had the best line this week and now I can't remember what it was...

Edited by Johann
  • Love 1