Type keyword(s) to search

The Onscreen Polls: Hilariously Torpedoing The Show!

Kromm
  • Start Topic

Anyone else think it's hilarious that these onscreen polls are showing that the home viewers (at least those who bother to go to the website during the first broadcast) seem to consistently disagree with the Judges/Show Narrative?

I know in Ep2 for example, we have a majority outright disagreeing with Heidi when she praised Team Silver, and earlier in the episode we had the polls show that the home viewers, on balance, were fed up with Sandhya's whining to Tim (despite the show narrative itself seeming to be on her side).

• Love 1

I no longer get a TV signal so I watch everything a day late on the Internet.  So no polls, and the show is only an hour.  (And on Survivor, no #chaoskass hashtags!)  I think it's a better way to watch the show, if you can stand to wait.  But it's nice to hear the viewers are rejecting the push-polling.

• Love 2

I have a 32-inch screen.  I can't even SEE half the crap they flash on my screen!

Me neither.  I'm squinting and leaning so far forward I'm in danger of falling off the couch.

What's the point of using a pale grey script when the graphics are blobbed over 20% of the screen anyway?  Do they feel the barely discernible print prevents the whole thing from being TOO OBTRUSIVE?!?!

• Love 2

I no longer get a TV signal so I watch everything a day late on the Internet.  So no polls, and the show is only an hour.  (And on Survivor, no #chaoskass hashtags!)  I think it's a better way to watch the show, if you can stand to wait.  But it's nice to hear the viewers are rejecting the push-polling.

As odd as it is to say this, the otherwise mega-lame show Ink Master did their insta-polling better.  They did more "which hamster was right in this fight we just showed you onscreen" types of polls, or "was ReallyBadAggressiveAssholeX right to go with his gut, or give in to his client's demands".  The show sucks you-know-what, but they wouldn't do anything as self-defeating as potentially embarassing their own host/spokesperson as the subject of a poll question, or setup a poll where the opinions might make their on-screen "bullying" speech/storyline seem silly/embarrassing in retrospect.  

• Love 1

I no longer get a TV signal so I watch everything a day late on the Internet. So no polls, and the show is only an hour. (And on Survivor, no #chaoskass hashtags!) I think it's a better way to watch the show, if you can stand to wait. But it's nice to hear the viewers are rejecting the push-polling.

Same here; I gave up cable. At some point in the first episode, I realized how refreshing it was to not have my screen obstructed with a bunch of crap I can't read because I'm nearsighted.