Type keyword(s) to search

S01.E06: Roman’s Six

• Start Topic

The show is much better when The Roman Agency shows a little fear of the supernatural entities they are encountering. I was able to predict a lot of what was going to happen, so the stories need to be a little more complex. The show is better when they throw in a little comedy. I don't know why that guy shooting the arrows wasn't charged with something, maybe negligent homicide, he seemed fairly guilty to me.

• Love 1

Okay so this one was a bit unclear to me.  Are we to assume that the householder got possessed by a demon when she was a teenager?  Or was she a watchmaker in a more direct way.  They didn’t give any real sense that there was possession.  But then how did she suddenly become a demon when she committed her first murder?

• Love 1
2 hours ago, call me ishmael said:

Okay so this one was a bit unclear to me.  Are we to assume that the householder got possessed by a demon when she was a teenager?  Or was she a watchmaker in a more direct way.  They didn’t give any real sense that there was possession.  But then how did she suddenly become a demon when she committed her first murder?

I just think the woman has supernatural powers, Susan has the ability to set people on fire, she might have justly been called a demon, but nobody looks at her that way. The Roman Agency seems more concerned about finding out whether the houses problems are caused by ghosts/demons or a living being. They try to find a solution either way.

21 minutes ago, AnimeMania said:

I just think the woman has supernatural powers, Susan has the ability to set people on fire, she might have justly been called a demon, but nobody looks at her that way. The Roman Agency seems more concerned about finding out whether the houses problems are caused by ghosts/demons or a living being. They try to find a solution either way.

Thanks.  But what about all the watchmaker stuff?  It sounded like it was a particular type (person, demon?) who came to the US in the 19c and had to operate in a rigid fashion or they would blow up.  And there was the blue light in the eyes.  The comparison to Susan is an interesting one.  But the agency discussed the watchmakers on a scale of increasing evil i thought.

• Love 1
35 minutes ago, call me ishmael said:

Thanks.  But what about all the watchmaker stuff?  It sounded like it was a particular type (person, demon?) who came to the US in the 19c and had to operate in a rigid fashion or they would blow up.  And there was the blue light in the eyes.  The comparison to Susan is an interesting one.  But the agency discussed the watchmakers on a scale of increasing evil i thought.

Yeah, increasing in evil, but not necessarily all dead. It seems like Watchmakers have to have the timing perfectly and were first recognized as coming from Germany in the 19th century.

1 hour ago, AnimeMania said:

Yeah, increasing in evil, but not necessarily all dead. It seems like Watchmakers have to have the timing perfectly and were first recognized as coming from Germany in the 19th century.

This is why I’m frustrated.  She was a teenager when she started so it’s unlikely she came over in the 19c.  Was she a descendant?  Were they demons who possessed people? Did a watchmaker find her because she wanted to kill her friend? They started off acting as if the problem was the house.  But it was never clear if it was her, the house, or if somehow was joined to the house through a spirit.  At the risk of saying something absurd given the show we are talking about: this episode just didn’t make sense...

• Love 1
6 minutes ago, call me ishmael said:

This is why I’m frustrated.  She was a teenager when she started so it’s unlikely she came over in the 19c.  Was she a descendant?  Were they demons who possessed people? Did a watchmaker find her because she wanted to kill her friend? They started off acting as if the problem was the house.  But it was never clear if it was her, the house, or if somehow was joined to the house through a spirit.  At the risk of saying something absurd given the show we are talking about: this episode just didn’t make sense...

I think they meant that it was in the 19th century when somebody classified Watchmakers as a type of supernatural entity, not that the lady is that old or from Germany. That was when some observer noticed that Watchmakers exist. This particular Watchmaker tends to target anybody who comes into her house, she can see when they come in and is very connected to the house, to the point that she can open the doors without even being there. This Watchmaker is able to observe the victims as she orchestrates their death at a very precise time. You can see her counting down to the precise moment when she is tapping her finger.

• Love 1
33 minutes ago, AnimeMania said:

I think they meant that it was in the 19th century when somebody classified Watchmakers as a type of supernatural entity, not that the lady is that old or from Germany. That was when some observer noticed that Watchmakers exist. This particular Watchmaker tends to target anybody who comes into her house, she can see when they come in and is very connected to the house, to the point that she can open the doors without even being there. This Watchmaker is able to observe the victims as she orchestrates their death at a very precise time. You can see her counting down to the precise moment when she is tapping her finger.

Yes i agree with that.  But that is sort of my point.  They never really explain how she becomes a watchmaker.  Susan may have pyrotechnic abilities but they aren’t linked with a particular quality of good and evil or the particular logic.  I really think that rhey needed to better explain who/what she was and what if anything linked her to the house.

• Love 3

My problem with the watchmaker was - didn't she say she was happy for realtors because they gave an endless supply of victims?  Where was she getting victims before that?  Made me think she didn't have any until the recent realtors, so why didn't her head explode a long time ago?  Why did she need the realtors?  If she could see outside the prison, couldn't she randomly pick people off the street?  And if she had been killing people with sharp objects through their eyes all of her life, or at least since high school, why didn't anybody notice the amount of unusual deaths that way?  Every 3 days for a couple of decades someone dies from being impaled through their eye and no cop seemed concerned to rule it more than accidental death?  Call in the FBI?  And the whole fake death thing - they could have just staged it in the office.  Seemed like a lot of unnecessary work and prop gathering.

I did like the storyline, though.  I like that they have a lot of "types" of demons - and that Susan doesn't know them.

The rude tenant storyline was okay and Susan still doesn't have any faith in Zooey, so that's annoying.  Of course, if Susan couldn't get the pictures, nobody could...  I did like that the rest of the group has trust in Zooey.  "If it can get past Zooey, we're all doomed."  Said in a way not that she was the last line of defense, but that she is awesome.

They mentioned something in passing about how the meter readers and repair people who occasionally went in to her house all died mysteriously in three days, but it was rare enough that it wasn't noticed. I'm assuming that someone coming into its space was what triggered the watchmaker's pattern.