Type keyword(s) to search

Jellystone! - General Discussion

• Start Topic

The series features Hanna-Barbera characters including but not limited to Yogi Bear, Boo-Boo Bear, Cindy Bear, Huckleberry Hound, Snagglepuss, El Kabong, Augie Doggie and Doggie Daddy, Peter Potamus, So-So, Top Cat and his gang, Magilla Gorilla, Squiddly Diddly, Pixie, Dixie, Mr. Jinks, Jabberjaw, Captain Caveman, Touche Turtle, Cattanooga Cats, The Hillbilly Bears, Yakky Doodle, Hokey Wolf, Mildew Wolf, and The Banana Splits, living in the titular town of Jellystone "where they can’t help but make trouble for one another".

I have to say after the first episode, many times I was cracking up at some of the jokes, my son and his cousins thought it was pretty funny. 

(edited)

Yogi: "Well, I'm a doctor so that shows I'm successful.

Captain Caveman: "Me successful Caveman."

Boba Looie: "I'm a successful business woman."

Boo Boo: "I'm wearing a bow tie!"

The wife and I lost it with our son with that exchange in the second episode. I see why they changed Augi Doggie to a girl this time.

I have to admit Jeff Bergman and CH Greenblatt really channeling the ghosts of Daws Butler and Don Messec. They have almost perfect matches with the classic voices. 

Edited by readster
fixed a few names.

I've only seen five episodes so far but I'm really enjoying it! CH Greenblatt and his team definitely captured the spirit of these characters. Hell, this has been some of the best material that most of these characters have seen in decades, let alone in their entire lives. Who the hell expected LOOPY DE LOOP to be one of the best characters? Not me. And finally, finally, The Banana Splits are in something good! I love that they're the town mobsters/villains.

On 7/30/2021 at 11:25 PM, readster said:

I see why they changed Augie Doggie to a girl this time.

I thought I wasn't going to get used to several characters being changed into girls, like Jabberjaw, Squiddly Diddly, and half of Top Cat's gang, but the show really plays to their strengths, and I actually love all the new voices for everyone. 

On 7/30/2021 at 11:25 PM, readster said:

I have to admit Jeff Bergman and CH Greenblatt really channeling the ghosts of Daws Butler and Don Messick. They have almost perfect matches with the classic voices. 

Jeff Bergman just nails Yogi and Mr. Jinx, while Greenblatt is great as characters like Boo Boo and Peter Potamus (he's an otaku in this!) his Doggie Daddy sounds too much like Grunkle Stan for my taste.

Oh, and some cuts are so deep this show needs stitches. Like, one episode has the Top Cat gang have a dance off between the cast of Heyyy, It's The King.

Not to mention shout outs to the likes of The Biskitts, Yogi's Space Race, and The Clue Club! I know Funky Phantom and the Fender Bender 500 get referenced in later episodes, too.

• Love 1
On 8/4/2021 at 8:47 PM, Galileo908 said:

I thought I wasn't going to get used to several characters being changed into girls, like Jabberjaw, Squiddly Diddly, and half of Top Cat's gang, but the show really plays to their strengths, and I actually love all the new voices for everyone. 

Jeff Bergman just nails Yogi and Mr. Jinx, while Greenblatt is great as characters like Boo Boo and Peter Potamus (he's an otaku in this!) his Doggie Daddy sounds too much like Grunkle Stan for my taste.

Oh, and some cuts are so deep this show needs stitches. Like, one episode has the Top Cat gang have a dance off between the cast of Heyyy, It's The King.

Not to mention shout outs to the likes of The Biskitts, Yogi's Space Race, and The Clue Club! I know Funky Phantom and the Fender Bender 500 get referenced in later episodes, too.

Right now the only complaint I have had is some major changes like Spook not talking except for sound effects. I also agree, Doggie Daddy current voice doesn't really work. I mean come on, they could get someone to do a "good" Jimmy Deranti, like Messick did back in the day? I mean as much as the "classic/legendary" voice actors were to many of the HB characters, you would hear the similarities. I mean, original Oggie and Elrod Jestson were so similar in voice it was scary. Same with Smedly and Huck or Dum Dum and Fred Flintstone. I do have to say that with the Hogan's Alley Cats, even making Brain female, it's still Brain. Same with Choo Choo, it's still Choch even if making him now a her. 

I honestly love this version of Cindy Bear, she was really also the "wants to be Yogi's bride, but not really" through the past first 30 years of the character. I find this version of Cindy much, much more progressive than the original and I'm fine with it. I do laugh at the fact that Ranger Smith is the president in this world and Greenblatt really is channeling Messick's classic Ranger Smith Voice. 

This is not the right place for this, but hey this is happening.

Yabba-Dabba-Dinosaurs-post.jpg

Yabba-Dabba-Dinosaurs-1000x600.jpg

Yabba Dabba Dinosaurs (More like Yabba Dabba Doo-Doo, am I right!) premieres Sept. 30th on HBO Max.

Best friends Pebbles Flintstone and Bamm-Bamm Rubble are two kids from the town of Bedrock, a modern Stone Age civilization where dinosaurs are domesticated and helpful, including their lovable and loyal pet Dino. But the real “yabba dabba doo” times are had in the open wilderness outside of Bedrock city limits in a place they call The Crags! There, Pebbles and Bamm-Bamm meet a never-ending roster of prehistoric pals and explore environments that are as wild, colorful, and surprising as the dinosaurs who live there.

9 hours ago, AnimeMania said:

This is not the right place for this, but hey this is happening.

Yabba-Dabba-Dinosaurs-post.jpg

Yabba-Dabba-Dinosaurs-1000x600.jpg

Yabba Dabba Dinosaurs (More like Yabba Dabba Doo-Doo, am I right!) premieres Sept. 30th on HBO Max.

Best friends Pebbles Flintstone and Bamm-Bamm Rubble are two kids from the town of Bedrock, a modern Stone Age civilization where dinosaurs are domesticated and helpful, including their lovable and loyal pet Dino. But the real “yabba dabba doo” times are had in the open wilderness outside of Bedrock city limits in a place they call The Crags! There, Pebbles and Bamm-Bamm meet a never-ending roster of prehistoric pals and explore environments that are as wild, colorful, and surprising as the dinosaurs who live there.

What a horrible idea. 

• Love 1

Jellystone! will have a Halloween Special (new episode) on Oct 21 on HBO Max.

Jellystone-Halloween-Special-Poster-1.jp

"Spell Book" Episode Description

While helping the overworked Winsome Witch prepare for Halloween, Augie, Yakky, and Shag perform a spell that threatens to ruin Halloween, unless they can reverse it.

Been over a year, but I finally caught up on Season 2. I have to say it was better than Season 1, but man talk about bringing back characters I never thought I see again. Especially, the villains from Yogi's Gang from the 1970s and even how Shag to Yanky were: "Seriously, what is wrong with you people?" The Unboxing Videos had me rolling. 

Thanks to this site giving every show its own forum instead of just grouping everything in the Animation section, I forgot this show had a thread!

So, I binged all of season 3 the moment it dropped, and man it was great. Obviously, the Space Ghost episode was the best one. It was great hearing Andy Merrill and George Lowe back as Brak and Space Ghost. And the guys they got for Zorak and Moltar were damn good soundalikes.

My other favorite was the one with Goober and The Ghost Chasers. I got a big laugh out of them just being disgusted by Goober. Also loved the Laff-a-Lympics tribute where the rival town were literally just the Really Rottens. And of course, the Top Cat episodes were great, too.

All I wanted out of this show was to tell fun stories with the classic Hanna-Barbera characters and give some deep cuts, and this show delivered in spades. Hell, there were characters I had to look up! Cool Cat from the disco episode appeared in only ONE episode of "Heyyy, It's The King," for one. Raspberry Rover was a giant reference to all the Huckleberry Hound merch where he was red instead of blue.