Type keyword(s) to search

Homestead Rescue - General Discussion

• Start Topic

(edited)

Been binging this series on Max for weeks (never caught it live). Watching S9 E5 "All The Pretty Horses" on the edge of Tornado Valley in Texas and did I JUST hear the homesteader say on camera that he's wanted a storm shelter but he was just reluctant to invest the time and money for something that might be used once in a lifetime or once or twice a year but now that it can also be a root cellar, he's fully onboard? Yep, that's what I heard. Man caught on camera saying he values the potential of multi-use over his wife and toddler twin sons. 

Edited by MichaelaRae

Show attracts that sort—dragging family (or accompanying) into the off-grid world where their survival is iffy, stress is enormous and they’re on the precipice of disaster. So a two-fer root cellar? You betcha.

• Like 1

And now I'm watching S11 E1 where giant man baby husband is so relieved to have someone "take care of me" now that the Raneys are here because he's had to be a "caretaker for so long" because he's had to cook dinners a few times a week and change toilet paper rolls - apparently he's been busy putting babies in his wife for three years and she apparently isn't up for raising him too and so he might have to lift a goddamn finger in the house instead of petting his horses.

• Like 1

I never fail to wonder if any of these people are a) still together and b) still homesteading.  I'd wager only a few maintained that lifestyle after someone else did all the work to bail them out.

• Like 2