Type keyword(s) to search

Preachers of L.A. Special

(edited)

I'm glad this show is coming back. Ron Gibson is a stand-out for me. I liked that he wasn't taking that baloney Dietrick Haddon was slinging about "shacking". You had a baby with the girl and another on the way when you married her, so everyone knows what was going on there. It's not that I don't love a sinner (being one myself), but quit trying to whitewash the situation and just admit to it.

I really like all the guys on here except for McClendon. That dude is full of himself. Not a fan of that prosperity gospel some of them preach. I'm only going by snippets I've seen on youtube. I've never heard them in person.

Edited by technorebel
  • Love 1

Yeah, Dietrick was trying way too hard to clean up what was going on with Dominique.  While they were not livivg together, they sure was having sex.  But he allowed this story to gain so much momentum.  His storyline could have been about his decision not to return to the pulpit.  But he spent the entire season hollering about "being with his family".

• Love 2

What exactly was keeping him from marrying Dominique earlier?  Maybe his divorce wasn't final yet.  Dietrick, even though I like his singing, comes across as a little immature.  If you want people to forgive you for whatever, just ask for forgiveness.  He spends his time trying to argue about whether he did anything wrong or not.

• Love 4

I loved the snippet showing Pastor Gibson and his wife rolle rskating. He was truly gettino down!. You just know he was trouble back in the day.

That was cute! He skates/dances up behind her, and they both fall down. I'd like to hear more about how he got out of that gang lifestyle.

I could seriously go forever without having to listen to them getting into that "shacking" argument again. You've both made your points, you're not going to change the other one's mind, MOVE IT ALONG!

Edited by auntiemel
  • Love 2

I was so confused by Deitrick's double talk. Was he trying to convince me that he and Dominique were simply roommates? And NOT sleeping together? Or were they not sinning because they weren't living together only sleeping with each other?

So...how was she pregnant walking down the aisle?

I just wish he would own up to it. It's 2014. Times have changed, just don't try to convince what is really isnt.

• Love 2

About that First Lady Tea shit thing revisited......How is Dominique a "First Lady" when Dietrick is NOT pastoring at any church?? Loretta isn't even MARRIED to Noel Jones so why does she keep attending these "gatherings"? She ain't no First Lady either....

• Love 1

I believe these people are genuine.  It's just rare that lay people get a glimpse into the private lives of their spiritual leaders and they are shocked to find that they are as human as we are!  Being in the church myself, I am always amused when folk worship their pastors and bishops instead of worshipping God.

Real recognizes real.  

• Love 3