Type keyword(s) to search

S01.E11: A Brief Reminiscence In-Between Cataclysmic Events

• Start Topic

On 6/27/2021 at 12:27 PM, BooBear said:

I think Tyler H. really nails both Superman and Clark Kent but I was thrilled that in this version Lois saw Clark for the geeky hot guy that he is.

Yeah, no need to apologize for her nerd boyfriend after the gun show he was flaunting in his mom’s kitchen. Hello!

I did love their entire relationship. Especially her being irked about the flashy hero taking oxygen away from the story about racist attacks in the immigrant neighborhood, and Clark being 100% with her on the importance of that story. 

Jonathan really is the best. I did cringe, though, that the kids were all going on and on about how important and great it was that the truth was out now. That’s going to backfire soon…

Evil daddy in the desert fortress immediately made me think of Emperor Palpatine, although the Dune callback is good, too. Poor Clark, he’s lost his Earth Dad, Earth Mom, only gotten 5 minutes with his Krypton Mom, and now lost his Krypton Dad. Quadruple orphaned in a half season of episodes. 

• Love 2

Supes speaks “all” languages? Even the ones dying out because they only have a dozen speakers? I’m fine with him speaking 50 languages because he’s that good, but there has to be a limit.

I’m glad he told Lois before proposing, because you shouldn't expect somebody to commit to you without knowing who you are.

OK, did not see all the flashbacks were an Edge Fake Out. And did Lois really believe Clark had turned evil? And shouldn't she call her father as well as Steel?

On 6/23/2021 at 2:59 AM, scarynikki12 said:

super changing clothes in the phone booth

I suppose if you have supervision and superspeed, finding a phone booth today isn’t so much of a problem!

On 6/23/2021 at 2:59 AM, scarynikki12 said:

Edge having a tantrum because he wanted a little brother to idolize him. Fits the family thing.

And shows Kryptonians are just as petty as humans!

On 6/23/2021 at 7:15 AM, ukgirl71 said:

And Jor-El’s pride in Clark when he first met him 🥰 - I actually like the old grump, just as we lose him (for now?).

I’m guessing Supes can reverse engineer Edge’s device to restore Jor-El

On 6/24/2021 at 6:38 PM, cambridgeguy said:

If Edge was smart the first thing he'd do is tell evil Superman to vaporize Lois and the kids - what better way to test the effectiveness of the brain washing?

Which would be keeping his word (technically) "I won't harm your family..."