Type keyword(s) to search

Gordon Ramsay: Uncharted - General Discussion

• Start Topic

In the National Geographic series Gordon Ramsay: Uncharted, chef Gordon Ramsay journeys to some of the most incredible and remote locations on Earth in search of culinary inspiration, epic adventures, and cultural experiences he will never forget. Don't miss the season premiere

Season 3 begins today (May 31, 2021). 

I think this is interesting with the looks into different cultures and regions,, and watching Gordon cook over open flames or in pits dug into the sand.  However I do have to laugh at all the "near death" experiences he has.  On the flip side, though, I do have to give him credit for trying all these things from diving for snails in rapid currents to rounding up steer, to climbing trees to get certain herbs or berries, and so on.

• Love 1
17 hours ago, aquarian1 said:

Season 3 begins today (May 31, 2021). 

I think this is interesting with the looks into different cultures and regions,, and watching Gordon cook over open flames or in pits dug into the sand.  However I do have to laugh at all the "near death" experiences he has.  On the flip side, though, I do have to give him credit for trying all these things from diving for snails in rapid currents to rounding up steer, to climbing trees to get certain herbs or berries, and so on.

Where exactly is he going? I watched a youtube series where he spent weeks in India. That was very interesting.

• Love 1

I have to say the first episode of Season 3 in Texas wasn't my favorite.  I just couldn't stay interested.  I think his upcoming destinations sound far more interesting to me.  

He was insulting to the South African chef. I'm so sick of chefs (mostly male it seems) who require red meat to be cooked to a only a certain doneness and everything else is wrong. Same with wanting to add lemon etc. He can't completely seem to wrap his mind around the fact that not everyone eats food exactly how he thinks it should be prepared. Other things taste just as good.

• Love 1

Are episodes still being put on Disney+ after they air on NatGeo? I thought I read somewhere they were going up the next day but D+ doesn't have ep1 yet, so maybe that changed?

I guess this show isn't getting much interest anymore.  I just finished the episode on Puerto Rico which is stunningly beautiful but it still couldn't really hold my interest.  I am still 1 episode behind as the Smokey Mountains episode has already aired and I haven't watched it yet.  I just find myself getting bored.  The setups all seem so phony and it doesn't have as many light moments that truly seem genuine like before.  

• Love 1
On 6/3/2021 at 6:17 PM, Grrarrggh said:

He was insulting to the South African chef. I'm so sick of chefs (mostly male it seems) who require red meat to be cooked to a only a certain doneness and everything else is wrong. Same with wanting to add lemon etc. He can't completely seem to wrap his mind around the fact that not everyone eats food exactly how he thinks it should be prepared. Other things taste just as good.

Oh my goodness! I was telling my cousin about this show (and started following Zola Nene afterwards) and mentioned this very thing. While I didn't think that he was being insulting (or at least deliberately) I LOVED that she stood up and wouldn't let him impose his cooking biases on her cuisine. I sometimes watch "Ugly Delicious" on Netflix and in one of the episodes (something about steak) I literally stood up and applauded when one of the chefs acknowledged that she used to think like this but she had to rethink her position and understand that there are religious and cultural reasons why people prefer their meat cooked well done. 

Overall one of the things I appreciate about the show is the local experts schooling Gordon on the best way to cook their dishes even when he's prone to do it his way. 

Edited by BluBarbi98
  • Love 1

I'm just getting around to watching this season and am now on the "Incredible Iceland" episode. I first saw a cooking Rye bread in the earth segment on Zac Efron's "Down to Earth" but am not surprised that Uncharted featured a segment too because it is a fun thing to watch and by the reactions on both shows it tastes good too.  

I wish more people knew about this show and watched.  It's the softer gentler Gordon Ramsay* visiting great places and learning how to cook some authentic stuff.

* Of course he is shown as still a bit too much and swears a lot, but not the complete dick that he's shown as on American TV.

• Like 1