Type keyword(s) to search

S22.E13: Pamela

• Start Topic

(edited)

Note to divorced parents- don’t get married again if your new husband to be isn’t good to your kids.  Don’t stay married if your new husband isn’t good to your kids.  Don’t choose your new husband over your kids by allowing them to kick your child out at 16.  Don’t allow your child to then go live with their addict father.  

Then the family just sits there and  watches her get high on the patio  table after dinner and carry on a conversation about it like it’s normal? Then they buy her beer for her.  

Pamela seemed to have some cognitive challenges rather than the voice box issues her sister claimed.  I still thought that at the end is the episode. 

At the pre- intervention Pamela’s mom subtly claimed that Pamela chose to leave home and live with her Dad. Yet in an earlier interview, her sister says Pam had been kicked out at 16.  So Mom is fudging facts. 

Edited by mythoughtis
  • Love 1
On 6/11/2021 at 1:33 PM, TVbitch said:

Surely there is more to it than Pamela's father's mom died and he went from being the perfect father to being a total junkie in response. 

This was my thought as well. People lose family members everyday, they don’t go from 0 to 60 without nothing in between. I think perhaps there’s more to the story. I’m guessing the dad was already using hard drugs, but his usage exacerbated after the death of his mom.

On 6/12/2021 at 10:46 PM, mythoughtis said:

At the pre- intervention Pamela’s mom subtly claimed that Pamela chose to leave home and live with her Dad. Yet in an earlier interview, her sister says Pam had been kicked out at 16.  So Mom is fudging facts. 

It’s possible that both scenarios could somewhat be true. The mom/stepdad could’ve told Pam that she either comply with their demands whatever that may be or leave. Pam admitted that she was miserable there, but might’ve felt like she had no choice but to leave the home after being given an ultimatum. Hence, the perspective by her sister that she was kicked out. It interesting that her drug-addicted father kicked her out of his home a couple of years later. So Pam was likely a problem child every since her father left. She admitted that she was very angry at her mom about the divorce and no doubt became angrier when her mom remarried. I think her problem behavior likely worsened under the scrutiny and abuse of her stepfather, which led to her leaving home/getting kicked out.

She looked much better in rehab. Her voice sounded better too. Was it the drugs that had her voice sounding that way earlier in the episode? I hope she can remain clean for herself and as a result can be a mother to her son.