Type keyword(s) to search

S03.E13: Bring the Noise

• Start Topic

When Spencer learns that Grace skipped her own college graduation, he enlists Olivia's help to throw her a surprise party, which helps distract them from reality. Billy is worried about his players chances at college recruitment, so he tries to organize a scrimmage game to help, but it's not as easy as he hoped.

Airdate: 05/24/2021

Even though I had thought after last week's show that, if the forfeits happened in reality, the CIF would receive a lot of public feedback from those not wanting to see the teams punished, I still didn't see the twist coming.  I thought Coach Montes was just going to say she had changed her mind and no longer objected to Beverly playing in the scrimmage.  But I did wonder why they were only allowing five minutes of air time for the South Crenshaw-Beverly matchup that was seemingly only going to happen in that format.  I hope this means there is still a chance for a real game between them sometime this season.  I still have no idea how many episodes are left or a guess about where they intend to end the season storywise because they keep showing reruns!  I do hope there will be more than 16 total since 13 have aired and

Spoiler

we have to have the backdoor pilot where it's just Simone visiting the college she'll be attending in the spinoff.

Now that Olivia has been put out there with Spencer as a public face of the movement, it's clearly too late for her to back off (though I liked Laura basically reminding her what a pain in the ass her "help" was).  She should publicize the incident with the cop in case something happens to her the next time.  I thought he was going to use her being on her phone as the excuse to arrest her.

I hope that Preach will be a good manager for Coop and that he will still be wary of Mo and not sign away all Coop's money or whatever Mo's plan is.  I feel bad for Layla not being invited to the graduation party even though she and Grace aren't close like her and Coop (and Spencer probably thought it would be awkward).  I hope this doesn't turn out for her the way it did for Kelly Taylor on Beverly Hills, 90210 when she took in her roommate from a facility.  This show hopefully has more nuance than that.

Even though Asher was being terrible to his mom's boyfriend, I couldn't be too hard on him because of my feelings about being in a sort of similar situation.  It was weird that after the whole episode of everyone pushing him to Vanessa and him seeming to agree in the end, nothing happens.  I wonder (but don't really care) if this storyline is over or if it's the stalling they seem to enjoy so much (like oh no, Spencer and Olivia can't kiss again).  I can see Asher wanting to play football in college, but the D-1 thing they are pushing seems rather hilariously implausible!  Although there was a guy from my high school who was fairly little and fast but not that fast who played a lot of positions who went against the coach's advice to seek a smaller school and went to local D-1 college as a walk-on.  He ended up getting a scholarship and starting for a team that went to the Rose Bowl.  This was a long time ago though, and scouting seems more sophisticated.

• Love 1

I'm surprised Spencer was such a Instagram fan, posting so many photos. Layla living in her big house on her own while everyone else is out together. She's really in her own world.

I think those guys on the sidewalk may have spooked the cop. 

22 hours ago, Artsda said:

I'm surprised Spencer was such a Instagram fan, posting so many photos. Layla living in her big house on her own while everyone else is out together. She's really in her own world.

I think those guys on the sidewalk may have spooked the cop. 

It looked like the insta name was Dillon. I think Spencer's brother Dillon posted all of those photos.

This episode was much better than the previous one. A lot more going on and my girl Coop was in it. I really hope Preach has good intentions with her. I do think Coop shoulda just stuck to him doing merch. I know Layla was vetting him, but she knew he didn't have all that, but that doesn't mean he can't try. Some merch is better than no merch which is what Coop & Layla have right now. 

Could Olivia & Spencer just get together already? I like a slow burn and all but the show is about to miss their beat on them being together really being something special. This happened on Suits where they just dragged out the main couple getting together for so many seasons that by the time they actually got together it fell flat and I could care less.

Wow, the cop tailing Olivia had me scared. Calling her mom was smart and pulling over where there was people. Ugh to use Vanessa's favorite word of the episode that cop was a dick. He did all of that to intentionally scare a CHILD (she is still a minor). Ugh disgusting.

Asher could seriously try to be nicer. Idk why kids find it so difficult to be nice to their step parents especially if the step parent is being nothing but kind and genuinely trying. I have 2 step parents and was nothing but nice to both of them as teenager. 

Love that South Crenshaw is getting another chance. I kinda saw it coming but at the same time I didn't. 

• Love 1