Type keyword(s) to search

S03.E05: Argentina Impossible

A survival instructor teams with a pediatrician to fight storms, cold, and starvation in Argentina’s Yungas Cloud Forest. It’s a race against time as the pair put their skills to the test before hypothermia shuts them down.

Interesting that his rating took a pretty big hit for not LISTENING.

Usually I agree with the changes in rating, but honestly, I'm annoyed by the hit he took. Yes, he failed Team Player 101 at the beginning, but he came around, and by the end, they were a solid team. I think they should take the learning curve into account.

I think this was the most uneventful episode.

The fella, "Terry"? did make the good faith effort to suit up in some mud and hunt turkey, but mostly he laid around.

I find it hard to believe they ate close to nothing but 300 or so calories the whole 21 days...

We've had a lot of thunderstorms and heat and humidity in my neck of the woods recently and I've been cursing my frizzy hair all week.  After watching the good doctor's semi smooth hairline turn into full-on 'fro I guess i should quit my bitchin'.

She was really calm and maintained her patience with Mr. Machete.  I would have lost it on him at many points.  I thought it was really good planning on their part to bring along shelter materials in case they got held up on the way to extraction.  It probably cost them some energy to haul that through the jungle, but as a non-survivalist couch potato, I thought that was a brilliant risk.

• Love 1

I find it hard to believe they ate close to nothing but 300 or so calories the whole 21 days...

I came here to say the same thing.  They hardly talked about them not finding any food.  Unless they ate a lot of worms and grubs.  Ew. 

I thought she did a great job being patient with him until he came around.  I think she should have scored much higher just for that alone.  If she had not done so they would not have made it pass the first week.  They both would have tapped out.

But it was great seeing them work as a team at the end.  She said he talked her through that last night and kept her from throwing in the towel. 

• Love 2